Apr 28, 2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogtri
I have the monster power .32 and get 750+ watts constant at 46 amps with a xoar 14x7E prop and a 4s pack
I will keep the 32 in mind, I went ahead and ordered the 25 just to try it. I am going to put a a 14x7 on it and see what it pulls watts wise. Thanks for the info.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogtri
I have the monster power .32 and get 750+ watts constant at 46 amps with a xoar 14x7E prop and a 4s pack
Did the motor mount right up to the current blind nuts on the 32
Apr 28, 2011, 05:46 PM
It's gone...
FB = Flat Black. Its the new stealth night flying Slick.
Apr 28, 2011, 05:56 PM
Shore Huckin'
FB = Flys Beautifully
Apr 28, 2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_
As long as it's not a FaceBook version. I'm on social networking overload already as it is.
Apr 28, 2011, 06:07 PM
It's gone...
Bwaha, that a good one too
Apr 28, 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_
sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlodaiel
Did the motor mount right up to the current blind nuts on the 32
Actually, I have the AJ Fliton 51". I've had it for a few years with a Saito 56, but converted it back to electric. I rebuilt the firewall for the saito and now I used carbon rods for standoffs on the electric motor. Here's a pic.

Be careful with these motors, I've heard bad and good about them. The armature came unglued on mine. Probably cause I put 960+ watts through it. I only did two or three short burst and that's all she took. It got hot real fast. I had to jb weld it back together.

This is an old plane, so I'm experimenting with this motor. Hopefully this weekend ill have it in the air. If I were you, I'd go for a quality motor. The Slick is to nice to put a motor that might fail on you in the air.
Apr 29, 2011, 12:03 AM
I am in the process of gathering data on my Dan Sny wound Scorpion 3026-710, and would be very intetrested in watts and rpm for the various setups.

Anyone have any such data they would like to share?? And I will do likewise when I get mine.

Thx.

Steve
Apr 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
I work for ExtremeFlightRC
Steve - If it's a Dan motor, those are pretty rare, and so I'd be surprised if anyone else in the thread has any test data...but I've had a couple of Dan's custom-wound motors and the amp-limit is incredible. The 160gram motor he wound for me was subjected to 85A spikes on many occasions and never burned up. Amazing.
Apr 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
Ben,

Thx, yeah I wasn't clear on what I wanted.

I am hoping to see how the Dan motor compares to others like the 12xl or perhaps a stock 3026 or motrolfy.

Currently, using an Ice 75A, APC14x7, Hyp 4s 2650 35C I'm peaking out at only 750W and 7600rpm. I'm surprised the motor isn't pulling more amps, but if others are turning the same rpm, then maybe not??

More confusing yet to me, is I'm getting almost exactly the same 750w but at 7100rpm on a 15x8 - it's almost like there is some amp limiter in the programming of the esc that I have not addressed??

Also, I seem to recall one of your posts sometime in the past dealing with not getting full throt out of some brand of Castle esc. Does that issue persist, or has it been corrected with later firmware releases?

Thx for the input.

Steve
Apr 29, 2011, 12:04 PM
Steve - throw a 16" or 17" prop on there and take full wattmeter readings...will be terribly interesting to see what's going on. It is possible the battery voltage is falling off and just happens to be producing the same watt reading..or not. Let us know if you can.
Apr 29, 2011, 10:39 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgomes
Ben,

Thx, yeah I wasn't clear on what I wanted.

I am hoping to see how the Dan motor compares to others like the 12xl or perhaps a stock 3026 or motrolfy.

Currently, using an Ice 75A, APC14x7, Hyp 4s 2650 35C I'm peaking out at only 750W and 7600rpm. I'm surprised the motor isn't pulling more amps, but if others are turning the same rpm, then maybe not??

More confusing yet to me, is I'm getting almost exactly the same 750w but at 7100rpm on a 15x8 - it's almost like there is some amp limiter in the programming of the esc that I have not addressed??

Also, I seem to recall one of your posts sometime in the past dealing with not getting full throt out of some brand of Castle esc. Does that issue persist, or has it been corrected with later firmware releases?

Thx for the input.

Steve
i ran one of those i think in my 55 katana.Dan wound it for me back then and If i remember right with a good 4s battery I got like 1100-1200 watts from that thing.That motor may still be around here somewhere.Ran it on my 51 slick for a time after my reaper screwed up too.forget the amps tho.15x8 prop on the kat i think.
Apr 29, 2011, 10:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Anyone want a nice high res desktop of AJ flying a low-ish roller at SEFF?

Apr 29, 2011, 10:56 PM
<raises hand>

I do.

so awesome.

Quick Reply