Apr 28, 2008, 09:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Thanks to Bob Ruff and all the Volunteers and Organizers....q

I wanted to say thanks to Bob and all the organizers who donated their time and money to make this event go!!!! These guys really made things go smooth. There was lots of open flying. I wouldn't reduce that for next year. Open flying is important.

Also...HUGE thanks to the Pylon racing Guys...Tim and all the volunteers. Your new moto "You Fly it ...Crash it...and we glue it!!!"

Seriously...this event will be massively popular in the years to come.

Thanks so much!!!

- Richard (aka Foam Magnet)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2008, 09:22 AM
Richard,

We too would be remiss if we did not let everyone know that this event would not have been possible without our esteemed volunteers. They each showed their ability and flexibility to fit in where needed all while doing this on the fly. First year events are tough to say the least and I can say that we could not have asked for a greater group of guys and girls to help execute this little idea.

So from everyone at EFX we offer up a BIG FAT THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
The surveys we filled out on sunday may sound all negative but we only put our suggestions down to, in our opinions, help things next year. Don't get down when reading and discussing these in your lessons learned meeting.

I did a lot of work for what is now Live Nation since 1999 and this went WAY smoother than I expected. Great job of planning ect. Must have relied on the better half a lot, ayh? *wink*

Rick
Apr 30, 2008, 11:45 AM
Plane Basher
I want to chime in an recognize the efforts of the organizers and the volunteers of this event. My friens and I traveled from Southern California looking forward to this event, having never flown indoors. While there may have been a glitch here or there we had fun participateing in the fun fly events and watching all the rest. The reason we had fun was simple because everyone involved in the this event from organizers to volunteers kept one thing in mind, we were all gathered to fly and enjoy the experience. Everytime I had a question for the event staff, I receieved a cheerfull reply that was a good answer to my questions. In those instances that they were faced with an organizational delima or miscue.... they smiled and politely and thoughtfully presented a solution with the idea of making the situation fun for me.
So I have nothing but good things to say about the event, and thank you for a great event

Sam
Apr 30, 2008, 11:50 AM
AA6JB
I also want to chime in with a hearty slap on the back for everybody who contributed to make this first year event a very enjoyable one.

And it was nice to put a face to the RCG user I'd "Bruff"!! Bob is quite a prlific RCG trader if you don't already know, and he is resonsible for lightening my wallet more than a few times. <G>
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Apr 30, 2008, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
The surveys we filled out on sunday may sound all negative but we only put our suggestions down to, in our opinions, help things next year. Don't get down when reading and discussing these in your lessons learned meeting.

I did a lot of work for what is now Live Nation since 1999 and this went WAY smoother than I expected. Great job of planning ect. Must have relied on the better half a lot, ayh? *wink*

Rick
This is what we asked for and what we need. I laughed so hard at some of those events, I won't let anything get me down! Everyone contributed to try to foresee the unknowns of a first year event.
May 01, 2008, 08:33 PM
Just heard from an organizer of another show and that individual stated "I don't know where you found your volunteers, but they were polite, helpful and courteous. If they saw you standing there confused, they would ask if you needed help. We need THOSE kind of volunteers".

You guys are the best!

Quick Reply