Jan 14, 2003, 08:46 PM
Thread OP

Coaxial heli picture

almost done!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2003, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
some data: 29 cm rotor dia. (11.4"). 100gr total waight. Can hover conected to a test bench consuming 8 watts when out of ground effect (6.5watts in ground effect). Two really great Firefly motors barelly gets worm. It has 3 x LS-2.4 servos driving a 90deg CCPM swash, 2 x JMP-HF9 speed controls, GWR-4P receiver modefied to 5 chanals, PG-03 gyro and 3 x 145ma Li-Ion .
I'm waiting for a Futaba 9C to arrive and then I'll get a picture in the air. I also orderd the Helistar blades and the Hirrobo XRB blades with some hope that I'll be able to modefied them and used them on this heli ( Its much nicer when you can buy ready made blades insted of working a whole week to make one set of blades after each crash)
Jan 14, 2003, 10:04 PM
Hello

Very nice work, I definitly like what I see If you would have told me you made I would have thouht you baught it because it looks so well made.

Please keep us posted on your progress and if you can possibly a movie

Carlo
Jan 15, 2003, 02:16 AM

Wow

That is a great piece of work!!!!!

What head speed is it running?

Do the two motors drive each rotor separately? How do you control yaw?

Definately more pictures please.

Regards,
John
Jan 15, 2003, 10:38 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
WAY COOL!!! That looks outstanding!! Nice work!
Jan 15, 2003, 12:34 PM
Incredible work. Any close-up photo's of the mechanics? how much time on the CNC?
Jan 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
Thanks a lot for the compliments ! Here are two more pictures. I just got the Helistar blades and I think it looks better with them. I cut them down to 130mm each. They seem to performe well. Some answers : each motor is conected to one set of blades and their control is just like in a V tail mix. About the time it took to make it, so far eight months with countless houres of CNC machining ( around 300 I think ). And it's yellow, not orenge as it looks.
Jan 15, 2003, 07:27 PM
Thread OP
hover on the test bench with the Helistar blades
Jan 15, 2003, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
closeup of mechanics
Jan 15, 2003, 08:01 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Now that is awesome. What fine design and machining work you have done. You are very talented. Fun isn't it? Thanks for sharing and please keep us up to date.

Shalom - Boyd
Jan 15, 2003, 09:01 PM
VERY NICE WORK. Will you be selling these in the near future? I am very interested in one, they look very complex! But the mechanics/electronics are what amaze me, they are all so expensive, te JMP ESC, and the FireFly motors, the 3g servos! But I bet it is all worth it, please keep us posted as I am very interested and I am sure a lot of other people are also.
Last edited by lanew; Jan 15, 2003 at 09:17 PM.
Jan 15, 2003, 09:14 PM
Unbelievable! Just awesome!!

I "can" imagine all of the work that went into that. Is that your own design? How did you make those parts? What machine do you use? CAD? CAM? What plastic did you use?

very nice
tauseef
http://www.cuttingedgecnc.com
Jan 15, 2003, 09:19 PM
tauseef, I really like your work also! You should get the code and cut your own . Anyway, both very nice work!
Jan 15, 2003, 09:30 PM
thanks man!

Hey can you tell me what serovs those are? I have seen them before but can't recall the name or website.

thanks
tauseef
www.cuttingedgecnc.com
Jan 15, 2003, 09:40 PM
Aerial Shutterbug

WHOA!

That has got to be the most awesome heli I've ever seen!

Astounding workmanship there Nachman!

Looking forward to more news and info as you continue to progress towards your maiden flight with her!

Curious some of your parts appear to be 'acrylic', did you use any stereo-lithography techniques?

Regards,
Roger

Quick Reply