What transmitter for next step ?? - RC Groups
May 26, 2001, 01:35 PM

What transmitter for next step ??

Howdy

I'm looking at Graupner MC12 vs. Multiplex Pico Cockpit MM computer radios.

I like to be able to do mixing, adjust servo rates and centering, have audible stopwatches telling me when to land, and I also like to keep playing in the FM area and not have to move into expensive PPM.

What radio should I choose ?

JJ
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2001, 06:39 AM
Can't comment on the Graupner but I recently got a Cockpit MM and have just finished transferring my 5 electric models to it. Like it a lot, only downsides are the lack of crow mixing (which I don't currently use) and elevator/flap coupling (which I do, on two ic fun-fly models).

I found the programming really quick & easy, there are many neat features. For example I'm using the 'spoileron/elevator compensation' to give me up trim on a toggle switch for launching my Twin Jet (without having to re-trim the elevators before and after each launch, like I had to before). The combined 'motor kill' and 'stopwatch' switch is just perfect for e-flight, and the alarm time you set is saved along with the other model settings which is great (though ideally I would have preferred a count-down timer showing time remaining, rather than elapsed).

There's a full review article on the Ezone, plus a discussion thread with some comments from other users.