Apr 25, 2008, 11:48 PM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Gallery

More Photos from my Friday RCGroups Coverage of the Expo

Nick Maxwell put on a great demo and was only too happy to oblige the crowds chant of "lower ... lower ... lower"!

What a good natured young man!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP

Scale Helicopter Bodies from JMD Models

Jack Dunkle of JMD Models brought several of his scale heli bodies and put on demos with a few of them as well.

I could not snapping photos of them! They are so detailed and beautiful! Jack tells me the Eyewitness News heli even has a working 2.4 Ghz camera in the nose pod!? And Jack also mentioned that he made the custom scale heads for the models he flew.

And he even has working lighting systems to go with the bodies!
Apr 26, 2008, 12:30 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP

Arizona Game and Fish

Arizona Game and Fish brought several wild birds to the show. Peregrines and I am not sure what the smaller birds were? It was very cool to see them up close and personal.
Apr 26, 2008, 12:45 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP

Hobby Lobby

It is always great to see the Hobby lobby gang. Their booth is always very popular and this show was no different today. The Aerofly Simulators are always popular. And they had one of thier new F5 EDF RTFs on display too.
Apr 26, 2008, 12:55 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
There were numerous competitions that took place at the one end of the venue. ALL of the big names were there today! Most of their routines were set to music and it was great getting to see first hand how all of the "pros" do it!
Apr 26, 2008, 01:01 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Provision was made for plenty of "open" flying. And there was no shortage of space in which to fly a variety of indoor planes and helis. Heck, there were even a few profile EDFs and some larger, outdoor sized planes that could comfortably fly in the stadium!
Apr 26, 2008, 01:07 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Vision Hobbies had their table set up with a variety of interesting offerings. I met Richard and Todd of Vision and also George of Duncans Hobbys, a PHX LHS. They are all quite passionate about their product lines and I enjoyed meeting them all. Their line of Storm motors and ESCs is notable. I am hoping to look into these product lines in the future.

And one of their customers had a Trex Nitro that he had built on display. Very Nice!
Apr 26, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
AWSOME pics jon
Apr 26, 2008, 05:44 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Excellent pics, Jon! The smaller raptor with the stripes in the far right picture is an American Kestrel.

Ronnie
Apr 26, 2008, 05:49 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Jon,
Thanks for the pictures. Really neat to see all the planes and such. I am glad that someone thought enough to cover it with still shots so we could see the planes.

One stranded foamie is unique. No one went up to get it did they?? Guess you would need a big wind to get it down.

Thanks again Jon!!!
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Apr 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
Micro EDF addict
love that mig 21 and wish i could have seen ryan fly... maybe next year!

Quick Reply