This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 25, 2008, 09:57 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Yup, Dad wants to learn to fly!

Without the slightest hesitation. He's in and boy, is he happy.

Now all I have to do is get a trainer cord to go between the Tactic transmitter from my little FlyZone Cessna Skylane with its Futaba connector and my Hitec Laser 4 with its DIN connector.

When I do, he'll be flying the resurrected "SPAD" referenced in my last blog entry. Maybe I can convince my son to try R/C flight as well.

In other news from earlier posts, "The Bruise" is nearly complete. That's the soon-to-be-reborn (and hideously ugly) Global Hobbies Raven .40 profiler given to me last December by its original builder of more than a decade ago. In keeping with the low-buck spirit of this project, virtually all of the accessories are used and/or gifts from fellow modelers; for example, the DU-BRO fuel tank is a new-old unit and was a freebie to boot. The engine is a new/old Thunder Tiger less the box. Got the remainder of the accessories from one of the local hobby shops which, sadly, will be closing its doors in early May. Sure, I got the stuff at cost plus 10%, but heck, we're losing an LHS. The owner has a second store, but it's in Tennessee. He'll still be selling to we here on the Left Coast via mail order...and I won't have to pay California sales tax!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply