electric fun fly at rc/rc

Fun fly at rc/rc to include night flying on sat

gary

http://www.rocketcityrc.com/events/2...ricFunFly.html
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2008, 08:12 PM
Fly long and land softly

Free Pylon Racing Clinic at the Fly-In!

I've heard just a little about it. Apparently very laid-back like Andy's Tanner Fly-Ins. Except with AMA required, $20 fee, and RCRC club rules to follow, like don't fly over the flight line or over the tennis courts; and all LiPo charging must be attended!

I plan to go tomorrow, even though it looks like rain early-on.

Doug Bebensee is coming down from Nashville mid-AM to give us a free Pylon Racing Clinic. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853908

Then registration for Blue Ray Electric Pylon Racing will begin at noon. Then some racing around the brand new PVC pylons Tim Batt made!

He set them up in Harvest today at Epps Field to no avail (waaaaaaaay too windy to fly!). The wind huffed and puffed and tried to blow them down with no success! :-) So tomorrow looks to be the first opportunity to fly around them with several Blue Rays. Sneak preview: One of Doug's astute clinic tips: "Don't hit the pylons!"

My first of several recent small Hobby City orders came in today. So now I have 2 brand new Long-Max 1300 mAH 2S packs to practice and to race with. I just hope the rain goes away early and we can have a blast tomorrow!

Jim
Last edited by Jim_Marconnet; Apr 26, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply