Apr 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
God is good
Thread OP
Discussion

A complete list of things caused by global warming

What a chuckle . . .

Here's the list.

My favorite one is "fashion disaster" - "Designers and industry experts fear that the traditional seasonal collections which have formed the backbone of the business may become meaningless due to increasing unpredictability of the weather."
Last edited by Viper Pilot; Apr 24, 2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: TRying to keep it civilized
Apr 24, 2008, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
Good chuckle
Invasion of cats.......
Apr 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
is it flying time?
Thanks for posting this Viper, I never realized that acne was caused by global warming.
Jan 19, 2017, 05:55 PM
It's all very well to be scornful. Truth is you do not know, and I do not know. Unless you believe there is a conspiracy amongst a majority of scientists, there is an apparent good case for global warming being part caused by us. This is reasonably credible, and is potentially so serious, that we ignore it at our peril. There are undoubtedly positive feedbacks that will agravate any temperature increase. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I should put my money on the oil industry muddying the waters. The damage could be disasrous. The costs of dealing with it are by no means beyond our capability.
Jan 19, 2017, 07:18 PM
Greediest Suer
The damage could be disasrous, but fixing it might also be, so let's start now! Something must be done, even if it's wrong.
Jan 19, 2017, 07:48 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenDJIPhantom2
It's all very well to be scornful. Truth is you do not know, and I do not know. Unless you believe there is a conspiracy amongst a majority of scientists, there is an apparent good case for global warming being part caused by us. This is reasonably credible, and is potentially so serious, that we ignore it at our peril. There are undoubtedly positive feedbacks that will agravate any temperature increase. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I should put my money on the oil industry muddying the waters. The damage could be disasrous. The costs of dealing with it are by no means beyond our capability.
There's only a conspiracy needed if you're unaware of the omnipresent faults present in all humans which scientific method is designed to weed out, but it only works when you follow it. Otherwise desires for personal advancement, professional advancement, prestige, grants, acceptance, vanity, power lust, and everything else creeps in and results in groupthink, individual by individual with zero organization necessary
Jan 19, 2017, 09:54 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenDJIPhantom2
It's all very well to be scornful. Truth is you do not know, and I do not know. Unless you believe there is a conspiracy amongst a majority of scientists,
Only a fake claim of "consensus".
Dec 02, 2017, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Real. Fact. No respected climate scientist denies it. Google it.
Dec 02, 2017, 06:04 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy

Right-wing myth. Crap like this comes from the fossil fuel industry.
Jul 25, 2018, 11:47 PM
Pkdnwndk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
Right-wing myth. Crap like this comes from the fossil fuel industry.
I also don't like the fossil fuel industry. I've done a lot of research on the rockefellers and history since. Very evil!! I don't work in the industry.

I also wouldn't have an income or the lifestyle I do without it and I'm sure you'd have to admit that also.

Co2 is gassed off to make a bicycle and the tires and chains and brake pads that wear out even if all the energy to produce it is wind powered.

However we will need to use it sparingly and effectively to develope the future clean energy to get off it before it is all used up.

How else are we supposed to build and transport those big wind generators and solar panels? Bicycle? You pedal I'll steer!
Jul 26, 2018, 12:10 AM
Pkdnwndk
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
Real. Fact. No respected climate scientist denies it. Google it.
You should do more research on scientists.
All the way back to Aristotle, Soctrates and Plato, even Einstein. They have a dark side. They know things you don't. They belonged to secret societies and yes they have an agenda just as the ones now do. Not that they're entirely evil. They just think on a different level than most of the sheeple.
Jul 26, 2018, 06:02 AM
Clever quip goes here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarco 5.5
You should do more research on scientists.
All the way back to Aristotle, Soctrates and Plato, even Einstein. They have a dark side. They know things you don't. They belonged to secret societies and yes they have an agenda just as the ones now do. Not that they're entirely evil. They just think on a different level than most of the sheeple.
The Simpsons: Stonecutters Song "We Do" (0 min 46 sec)
Jul 26, 2018, 07:14 AM
Playing with toys.
Holy deadthread Batman.
Latest blog entry: ...
Sep 09, 2020, 12:27 PM
Unregistered night flyer
Despite claims to the contrary, orange cats do not contribute to climate change.
Apr 23, 2021, 02:33 PM
Friday Hooters 20% off after 7pm? i am really hot after being in the global warming sun all day.

Quick Reply