This thread is privately moderated by LOGICAL_PSYCHO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 26, 2019, 03:21 PM

Yak print

Hi all, i’m looking for a plan for a yak 54 similar to horizon hobby where there’s two full length foam profiles that fit together. Any pointers would be great
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2019, 01:26 PM

Looking for plans

Greetings,

Looking to get back into the hobby after a long hiatus into hot rods and custom cars.

Found a few photos of a scratch build Depron foamy similar to an F22, saw mention of the plans being on line, but can’t seem to track them down. The plane I believe is called a Dominator AL609C.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks
Rick
Oct 27, 2019, 06:44 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungi2107
Greetings,

Looking to get back into the hobby after a long hiatus into hot rods and custom cars.

Found a few photos of a scratch build Depron foamy similar to an F22, saw mention of the plans being on line, but can’t seem to track them down. The plane I believe is called a Dominator AL609C.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks
Rick
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2890-EDF-x2%29
Nov 09, 2019, 07:19 PM
My latest bird, the 'Essie'. Based on the SE-5a, she's a foamie with some balsa and light ply. The model's built from pink foam, covered with newsprint and brown Dollar Store wrapping paper, using a 50/50 mix of Titebond II and water. Final painting is rattlecan Rustoleum. Roundels are Ultracote/Profilm (except for the rudder; that's paint, blue Rustoleum, and red Ultracote).

For the WWI wheels, I cut plastic discs, sanded them (so the paint & glue would hold), then glued them to DuBro/HobbyKing 3" thin wheels.

We maidened the Essie on 11 Nov (appropriate date for a WWI fighter ). She needed a LOT of down & right aileron/rudder, but, once trimmed out, she was an easy flier. Stalls were uneventful; rolls are slower than most sport planes, but still reasonable. Landing was easy (although, on grass, she still wound up on her nose).
Last edited by Captain Dunsel; Nov 12, 2019 at 02:03 PM.
Nov 15, 2019, 07:43 AM
Build more, websurf less
Hey Dunsel,

Beautiful job on the SE-5. You are taking "foamie" to a new level.

Great day for a WWI tribute - I'm sure you got Dereck smiling.

Paul
Nov 15, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thank you, Paul!

Bill

Quick Reply