This thread is privately moderated by LOGICAL_PSYCHO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 12, 2019, 12:24 AM
flyin' fool
Reminds me of Ken's Top Dawg, a model everyone had back in the day.

Even 'had' a wife that build one.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2019, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Reminds me of Ken's Top Dawg, a model everyone had back in the day.
I saw a Top Dawg kit in the hobby shop and really wanted it, but, at that time, it was hotter than anything I could fly. Yes, it was my inspiration for the Wilbur.

CD
Jun 27, 2019, 05:59 PM
Almost done with my newest design, the Cruiser. 400 sq. inches, papered foam.

Hot-wire cut foam wing, covered with brown paper & 50/50 Titebond/water. Base paint is Apple Barrel (Wal-Mart) craft acrylic, finished with rattlecan gloss clear.

Still need to hinge the control surfaces, finish the pushrod install, and balance.

CD

Note: Updated 28 July, adding pictures of the completed and flown model.
Last edited by Captain Dunsel; Jul 28, 2019 at 05:56 AM.
Jun 29, 2019, 03:16 PM
Maidened the Cruiser this morning, before it got hot. The plane flies just as I wanted it to -- slowly and gracefully. It will spin, roll, and loop, but throttle back and it flies like a 1960's trainer. She's a keeper! After the first flight, I mixed the rudder into the ailerons (push aileron and get some rudder) 25%.

I did have one issue, but it was with the landing gear. I used strips cut from a Chun King Chow Mein Noodles lid for the LG straps; 3 of the 4 failed when I ground looped.... So, I've replace the forwards two with heavier, commercially-produced straps.

CD
Last edited by Captain Dunsel; Jun 29, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
Jun 29, 2019, 04:52 PM
skumgummi dave
I love it when a plan comes together!
Jun 30, 2019, 09:07 AM
Rough Landing
Nice looking plane Captain! Reminds me of an Ace Whizard.
Jun 30, 2019, 05:02 PM
It isn't a scaled up Whizard, but that does put me in good company!

CD
Sep 21, 2019, 08:56 PM
1985 XL600R RFVC

Finch version 3 - "Bluejay"

This is a project I've been working on for about a week just making different modifications to a stable design. It's the third version of the design, the finch. the original was gray with stripes but for this version I've made the gray areas blue hence the "bluejay" color scheme.

(all white is the version 1, gray/stripes is version 2, blue/purple is version 3)
Last edited by smallengines1284; Sep 21, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
Oct 09, 2019, 09:38 PM
OK Guys
Every once and a while I find something very wonderful and I just had to share this. If you have not seen it Please Enjoy.
Mark

GIANT but SUPER LIGHT INDOOR FLIGHT 1:4 SCALE RC F4U CORSAIR (FOLDING WINGS / TWIST & TURN RETRACTS) (6 min 40 sec)
Oct 10, 2019, 11:51 AM
Space Coast USA
Thanks for posting...I'm just flabbergasted at the performance and build detail. Any mpore info on tht plane?
Oct 10, 2019, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
Thanks for posting...I'm just flabbergasted at the performance and build detail. Any mpore info on tht plane?
No it was one of the after the main video on

Poll: 1 2 3D - How to fly 3Dwith Michael Wargo

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post42914649

Do watch his video then click on the link for this one and there is also a video by the same guy about a powered glider that is just about as amazing.

Mark
Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
those guys were flying at the Leipzig model trade fair, you'll find other interesting film of dash 8 , A10 ,A big antonov, and of course the corsair
The flying display is spectacular and the build standard excellent
You'll get more on youtube
Yesterday, 06:47 PM
flyin' fool
Wow ……………… light is might!!!!!!!!
Today, 01:32 PM
It seemed like a good idea!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Wow light is might!!!!!!!!
++1 to that, but have to wonder if there is not a helium cell involved as well.

Quick Reply