This thread is privately moderated by LOGICAL_PSYCHO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2015, 01:28 PM

Dave reaps F15 design

Hi NIckchud,
Yes its 6mil depron and weighs 11oz The motor is from BRC HOBBIES. Bill
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2015, 09:10 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
aha!
Jan 13, 2015, 10:15 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermani
Looks REALLY cool! I just finished an A-12 as I am just starting with foam building. Your B-2 looks like one I really want to build as well.
Thanks It flies really smooth and looks good in the air. I had I guy tell me he seen it from the road and had to come check it out. The clam rudders work really well too.

Gravy
Jan 14, 2015, 10:11 AM

Paleo Pitts Build Log

Just posted a build log for the Paleo Pitts EPP Scratchbuit.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2324576
Jan 14, 2015, 04:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleomanjim
Just posted a build log for the Paleo Pitts EPP Scratchbuit.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2324576
DON'T print it unless you want to Foamie 42" wingspan, Jim Lose doesn't know how to size a plan/template..

It's just a Crack Pitts anyway, thought i,d save myself £45 ($60) from buying one.

But i will design my own, i have several planes already here on the scratch build forums, including two biplanes.
Last edited by Harlem; Jan 15, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
Jan 14, 2015, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem
DONT print it unless you want to Foamie 42" wingspan, Bozo doesn't know how to size a plan.

It's just a Crack Pitts anyway. Cheater
Bozo? Very nice! It is just a matter of scaling up the PDF print scale until the wing measures 30", then tiling the pages together to make a template. Its an easier build than a Crack Pitts, stronger, faster, straight lower wing leading edge and I'm not selling it just sharing my build for free with others. Wow!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 06:43 PM
Harlem
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack.
Jan 14, 2015, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem
Another friendly PM from Mr Jim Paleo :-
I am a Pilot and designer Jim not a computer wizzo, and for yourself,, you are a very sad man who will be sorry, I PROMISE!
Since harlem is posting PM's, this is the one he sent to me:

[/QUOTE]
Addresses
3200 Rockmart Rd
Rockmart, GA 30153-5120
Phone numbers
770-646-9600
AT&T Landline

404-848-9200
AT&T Landline

Has lived in Has worked at Has studied at Related to DOB Phone Address
Las Vegas, NV
Mesquite, NV
Sacramento, CA
Grand Junction, CO
Golden, CO
Silverton, CO

Wife,, Bridgette Winn
daughter,, Kim Savage Winn
Margaret Win

I WILL FIND YOU"

Wow, is that a threat? What a sad case! I made an error in the plans and apologized for the error and tried to be civil but it's kinda hard with someone that arrogant and big headed. Now lets see, which is worse, a bozo or a fool? This will be my last reply to you, it's really not worth my time. But I do say, if you come to Vegas, bring it on, you have no idea!
Last edited by Paleomanjim; Jan 14, 2015 at 07:45 PM.
Jan 14, 2015, 08:32 PM
I'm sad to see that there is someone resorting to name-calling and threat/promises. It's almost like I'm back in jr high school. Oh the drama!

Paleo, don't worry any about him, I'm sure that we all make mistakes, but who is the one who forgot to check the page count BEFORE printing? What was that thing that Arsenio Hall would say on his talk show years ago?

Anyway, Harlem, please take it as a learning experience and try to enjoy our great hobby. This isn't pirate4x4.com where every one bashes each other's rig because someone has modified their jeep differently than what was suggested. Mistakes happen, after all, we are only human.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.

I've been looking at a LOT of planes that I would like to build, and although I'm not a biplane person, this may be one that I'll save to my computer and print. And if I have to, I'll save it to my flash drive and have Staples print me off a set of 24x36 plans.
Jan 14, 2015, 09:04 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Quote:
Anyway, Harlem, please take it as a learning experience and try to enjoy our great hobby.
Yes.
Jan 14, 2015, 09:42 PM
-S-
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613
I'm sad to see that there is someone resorting to name-calling and threat/promises. It's almost like I'm back in jr high school. Oh the drama!

Paleo, don't worry any about him, I'm sure that we all make mistakes, but who is the one who forgot to check the page count BEFORE printing? What was that thing that Arsenio Hall would say on his talk show years ago?

Anyway, Harlem, please take it as a learning experience and try to enjoy our great hobby. This isn't pirate4x4.com where every one bashes each other's rig because someone has modified their jeep differently than what was suggested. Mistakes happen, after all, we are only human.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.

I've been looking at a LOT of planes that I would like to build, and although I'm not a biplane person, this may be one that I'll save to my computer and print. And if I have to, I'll save it to my flash drive and have Staples print me off a set of 24x36 plans.

I agree I've been following Paleomanjim thread since he started it and I think is is great to be able to design and fly your own craft, and we are blessed for him to share his plans, This has been added to the future build list!

Very nice job, I hope to be able to do the same some day.

Thanks - Paleomanjim
Jan 14, 2015, 11:54 PM
Winter evenings are a great time to fiddle around with ideas to build the next plane. I'm changing up my design (again) to something that's going to hopefully be a semi-original design. But then again I'm sure that it'll be a variant of fifty other planes that are out there. Once I get the dimensions worked out I'll build it, and if it works out ok I'll try to learn one of those design CAD programs and transfer all of my specs over to it. But of course it'll take some time to get to that point.
Jan 15, 2015, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
Could somebody please help me, and see if the Paelo template/plan will print at any size you want, and if possible, tell me what percentage to reduce it by. I am not willing to do a trial and error after wasting so many pages and ink already.

If it is that easy to print to a wingspan of 30", somebody prove it please.
Thanks in advance.
Jan 15, 2015, 07:37 AM
watch your head
@ Harlem

Ok, stop thinkin about what i wrote.
Don´t know why it showed up with 10".

I opened it up again and it was now more than one time about 43"
I´m working with mm, so it is 1091mm in the original PDF and 30" are 762mm.
Scale is 69,84% to get 30".

Sorry for the mistake i wrote here before.
Last edited by van3st; Jan 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Jan 16, 2015, 04:54 AM
Suspended Account
Thanks Van, appreciated, i know nothing about computers or printers, if that makes me a Jerk, i guess i am a Jerk.

I originally wanted to try Jim Lose plan because it is a Crack Pitts and i always wanted one, but recent paying £47 ($60 55 euros) for a some pieces of EPP.
Actually i had a bash at my own 3D biplane last year and have two on this site. Truthfully they were OK but not brilliant.
Anyways i have designed another 3D Bipe and will publish when i have tested and refined it and when it is BRILLIANT, will publish.
Ohhh and this is my OWN design Bipe, not some copy Jimmy boy!

Quick Reply