Jul 07, 2001, 09:26 PM
Frequent User
Thread OP

Pico Jet: Best $45 I ever spent.

Picked up a Pico Jet from Multiplex when they were on sale for $45 and I have to say I am tickled. Finished it today and took it out for a first flight, balanced it exactly per instructions, tossed it out and boy was it great! Only mod was a 5.5 x 4.5 Master Airscrew prop, and I followed the modified instructions for the servo's in the wing. My 7 cell KR600AE's were cooking after the flight, so I'll need to dig some air-ducts for future flights (or re-prop it?)

I can highly recommend this plane to anyone who's had a little time on a flying wing (to get the right reflexes).

Bill

to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2001, 10:18 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Hi Bill

Yes , a great plane. Now that I am a better pilot, I would like to try one(that isn't glued up) again on the stock power set. I got bored rather quickly and installed heavier packs and bigger motors and then it is a "different" plane.

45 dollars is a bargain for this great flying plane.
Jul 08, 2001, 07:28 AM
I loved my PJ ( r.i.p ) I used 8-600ae
wow what speed ! until I buzzes some geese
one day on the field, in tears of joy watching them scramble and running into each other, I didnt notice I went inverted..pulled back and WHAM, at 6 feet off the ground and max speed..no time to recover...
O'well .............
Jul 08, 2001, 10:50 AM
Registered Snoozer
Bill:

For cooling, I recommend cutting about 1/2 inch off the nose and cutting an air duct right in the center -- sort of an F-85 Saberjet or early Mig look depending on the angle of the cut. No need for exhaust ducts -- the air blows right out the back of the fuse.

Also, try 8 cells for even more excitement. It was a great plane when I bought mine for $95. At $45, it's a steal.

Neil
Jul 09, 2001, 12:20 AM
yep, the PJ and PJC are brilliant.

I fly mine every weekend, and they certainly do the reflexs a whole load of good.

I'm learning to bungee launch aricraft right now, as I have a number of EDF models that need that extra oomph on take off. I fitted a hook to my PicoJet and learnt how to launch with that before committing more expensive models to the air. It is such a versatile model, and looks very impressive going vertical from a bungee launch.

Quick Reply