Apr 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

rangevideo 900mhz antenna? abd other antenna questions

Is the omni antenna that comes with the 900mhz stuff from rangevideo actually for 1.2mhz ?

It looks much like these ones from lawmate.

http://www.lawmate.com.tw/english/pr...en2.asp?tid=30

Would I be better off making my own from a sma pigtail ?

What is the advantage of full wave as apposed to halfwave?

Am I right in saying I could strip back the sheilding on a cable 79mm for full wave or 39mm for half wave.

Without testing would this work better than the stock one?

Cheers
Jamie
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
Live FPV or Die
I don't remember see one guy make a good hand made antenna without testing it with equipement. I made many and I put them in garbage finally.
perhaps the two antennas look identical, it's only a cover over the antennas you see. The two antenna have near the same lenght, so I suppose they use the same cover.
You should use the good antenna for your tx or you will lost range and your tx will perhaps overheat because some of the RF signal is bounce back in the circuit.
Apr 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
HyperlinkTech has them on their web page. The one that comes with the 900mhz TX/RX setup is a 3dBi antenna. A similar 3dBi antenna on Hyperlink will cost you $8 each.
Apr 10, 2008, 09:45 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys.

Prob with hyperlinktech is they don't ship internationally. I can't find any that do!

Quick Reply