Apr 09, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FlyCamOne video in full scale Yak-54 coming soon

Jason Cole (flyboone) gave me a couple of the FlyCamOne 2 systems for use in my Yak, Russian Thunder. If the weather is good tomorrow I'll see if I can get some video from the cockpit.

These are slick little units. Can't wait to try them out. It might not happen until next week because we're still somewhat in the rainy season here in Oregon.

Jim
Latest blog entry: Check in
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
First video using FlyCamOne2
Apr 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
The above video was taken on a day with low overcast. We didn't do any aerobatics that day. So I cut the video short. There isn't much point in showing touch and goes over and over.

I'm now flying the plane solo and practicing for IAC Sportsman. I'll try to get a video of a practice session.

Thanks to Jason Cole and Hobby Lobby for giving me a convenient way to document my flights. These little cameras are great!

Jim
Apr 17, 2008, 09:06 AM
RCG Admin
Congrats Jim! Looks like you're going to have lots of fun with that plane!

Jason Cole
May 03, 2008, 09:06 AM
Above video won't load for me. I tried several times with no luck. Is it still a current workable video?
May 03, 2008, 09:36 AM
Detail Freak
I JUST watched it, no problems whatsoever.

Target
May 03, 2008, 10:33 AM
∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif)
Pretty cool stuff. I'll have to get down there and watch you fly the Yak.

PDX
who noticed your pre-flight list was very short
May 03, 2008, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I JUST watched it, no problems whatsoever.

Target
I think that's because I notified the mods to correct it.
May 04, 2008, 03:13 AM
Registered Independent!!
Hey Jim,

I didn't realize I lived so close to you. Steve is a personal friend of my dad, and actually built a plane for him awhile back called the Wolf Pitts, a nicely modified Pitts S1S, with a lot of input from Curtis Pitts. Did you guys fly out of Creswell or Corvallis?

-Pat
May 04, 2008, 07:57 AM
Jim,
Some of us pilots don't mind watching a few tng's.
Awesome plane!
Rudi
May 04, 2008, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwever39
Jim,
Some of us pilots don't mind watching a few tng's.
Awesome plane!
Rudi
Yeah man ! Way to go. That is my goal as well. I am 30 now and the wife is getting me started with pilots license classes soon.
The yak is sa- weet. Love them! I have a 33% SD Model yak 54/Russian Thunder. Well that is what they called the scheme but it is different and yours is obviously originally "R S"
May 05, 2008, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Slope Pilot
...who noticed your pre-flight list was very short
Yea, I noticed the same thing. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and will assume he already did a pre-flight and run-up before he started the video...Nice plane from what I could see! Look forward to more video...
May 05, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thread OP
I cut out the boring bits on the thought that no one would want to see me run through a checklist. Maybe I should rethink that.

I'll be taking more videos soon.

Jim
May 06, 2008, 10:44 PM
Dear Jim,
Looking forward to more videos of Russian Thunder. We just finished our Extreme Flight 88" Yak in the Russian Thunder scheme. My son will be flying it in our club's EMAC series (all electric IMAC). Power is Neu Motors 1527 on 12s. Stll trying to get the prop right - currently on APC 27x13 but still under-propped! power is good but not yet optimum. Hopefully picture enclosed. Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply