May 15, 2011, 08:15 AM
Circa:1946

Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipdestroyer
Work is finished! That's my GUPPY-FPV without FPV-devices for first flight.
Chipdestroyer!

Good luck on the maiden!!

Regards!
Jimmy
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2011, 09:43 AM
Thank's!
May 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
He flies very wonderful!!! Thank's to Mitja once more!!! Photos in attachment. Videos must be attached later.
May 17, 2011, 05:10 PM

Very NIce!

Chipdestroyer!

Excellent crafsmanship!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a really great looking place to fly!!

Regards
Jimmy
May 18, 2011, 06:51 AM
That's video of yesterday's GUPPY first flight.

GUPPY_4 (2 min 53 sec)
GUPPY_3 (1 min 24 sec)

GUPPY_2 (2 min 29 sec)
GUPPY_1 (0 min 45 sec)

Last edited by Chipdestroyer; May 18, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
May 18, 2011, 07:35 AM

Maiden!

Chipdestroyer

Congratulations!
Very nice!

Regards
Jimmy
May 18, 2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverratss
Chipdestroyer

Congratulations!
Very nice!

Regards
Jimmy
Thank's once more!
May 18, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi chipdestroyer,
Wanted to say you did an outstanding job building your Guppy!!! Sure wish I can get a Kit here in the USA some day! Very nice flying and landing too Have fun and Enjoy!
Joe
USA
May 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pierson
Hi chipdestroyer,
Wanted to say you did an outstanding job building your Guppy!!! Sure wish I can get a Kit here in the USA some day! Very nice flying and landing too Have fun and Enjoy!
Joe
USA
Thanks and good luck in construction of yours GUPPY! Glider flight - a magnificent, incomparable show!!!
Jun 09, 2011, 10:47 AM

New Hotline Guppy

Good morning from Caracas Venezuela, since some time ago I read this forum, going through step by step each of the stages of cutting and assembly of the guppy.

In recent months, relief work, and returning the remaining tasks, I stopped at the stressful world of accounting and computing, to revel in watching every video several times, read every comment and input from Mitja and Forum members. Telling myself every day "set aside time to do it, little by little I have been looking in every store the necessary wood, and imports for now here are difficult.

I've acquired most of balsa wood as well as build plans and cutting parts from the printing of plans for a hotline.

Start today and make cuts of balsa wood to begin assembly. 'll Give details later as well as some pictures of what was done, a sincere thanks to our valued Mitja, for sharing your wisdom and expertise without reservation to all who arrived here somehow.

Excuse my English, which is not so good and I had to make extensive use of Google Translator.

Mitja Thanks once again and all forum members to contribute their experiences to enrich mine.

PD:
Only one drawback I've found that I have not been able to solve and it's of the carbon tube can not find any store that provided here, the stores surveyed say they are not scarce foreign exchange by importing them by the government, shares that give them are used for equipment and spare parts more commercial and easy exit in stores. Any recommendations to replace with similar lake?
Last edited by eleazar_a; Jun 09, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Jun 09, 2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar_a
PD:
Only one drawback I've found that I have not been able to solve and it's of the carbon tube can not find any store that provided here, the stores surveyed say they are not scarce foreign exchange by importing them by the government, shares that give them are used for equipment and spare parts more commercial and easy exit in stores. Any recommendations to replace with similar lake?
Look here: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t=&LiPoConfig=
Jun 09, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipdestroyer
Thanks for the info, but the problem is not buy online, but pay it and bring it to Venezuela, they are motivated to control and exchange rate policies established by the government.

Unfortunately I did use my quota in U.S. $ for this year to bring my Futaba 7C

For this reason I asked council to see if an alternative to carbon tube
Jun 09, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
Eleleazar e I think a pretty good replacement for the carbon tube would be an aluminum or carbon arrowshaft. Look at nearby fishing/hunting/sport stores for aluminum tube arrows. Probabbly also carbon arrows could be find there.
Also some thin walled aluminum tubes used on some TV antenas sould be used.

Wish you luck in search for proper material.

Regards!

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Jun 09, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Jun 09, 2011, 01:59 PM
Thread OP
I didnt realize till now that while I didnt visit much this thread this and previous month, meanwhile many new Guppies were born, so congratulations goes also to
toyheli, pawel trewir and Chipdestroyer for their models!

Boys, you are making my day happy!!!

Regards!
Mitja

P.S.: chipdestroyer, try to set brake on your speed regulator (ESC... brake on), so propeller will stop rotating when motor is on idle (off).
Wgen propeler is stopped and folded, model glide much better.
Windmilling prop create a lot of air drag.
Last edited by ultralajt; Jun 09, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
Jun 09, 2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralajt
...Wgen propeler is stopped and folded, model glide much better. Windmilling prop create a lot of air drag.
Yes, Mitja, i know it. Also has already engaged brake function. That flight which on videoclips, was the first and I has simply forgotten to adjust ESC.
Thank you for council. :-)

Quick Reply