Jun 16, 2008, 09:37 PM
Really nice pictures... I like those with the high-start still attached.

-Kai
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2008, 06:39 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Nice Windfree! I have two kits at home, one is the new version and other one is original from Mark's Model! I will get it built someday.

Brian, an EAJ
Jun 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
∞ Boundary Layer
Perfect weather today. Cooled off since Fri-Sat, but still generating good thermals. Some new gliders showed up, and a few electric Park-Flyers too. It's great to see the park-flyer people bring their kids, and to see the kid's reaction to our gliders (recruiting future glider guiders ?). We usually see one or two electric heli's, but today a guy brought a large glow powered heli, and was hovering it right near our flight line. I hope he was sufficiently discouraged from doing this in the future (he could use the other side of the field, and on 2.4GHz it wouldn't matter).
Last edited by rduder; Jul 27, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
Jun 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
∞ Boundary Layer
I brought out the Sagitta 600 for a few launches. It was built a bit too heavy for thermal flying, and is much more at home in light-wind slope air. Still, it was fun to cruise the field a few times with it. The OLYII got one flight today, but found some great lift and stayed up quite a while.
Last edited by rduder; Jun 26, 2008 at 01:00 AM.
Jun 22, 2008, 05:55 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Rich

Nice self portrait of you launching, how does he do that?

Brian, an EAJ
Jun 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
∞ Boundary Layer
Al was kind enough to take those pics (nice work Al). His Art-Hobby Timon experienced a linkage issue today, but I'm sure it will be back.
Jul 01, 2008, 07:59 PM
New OLY II ....first flight will be 7/6/08....hope to see you all at Dartmouth
Jul 01, 2008, 09:13 PM
Man... this is a beautiful OLY-II !!!

-Kai
Jul 02, 2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks Kai...its transparent red Monokote with Metallic Wine Monokote trim
come fly with us Sunday if you can
Cliff
Jul 02, 2008, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear1
Thanks Kai...its transparent red Monokote with Metallic Wine Monokote trim
come fly with us Sunday if you can
Cliff
Cliff,

I will try to make it Sunday with my DLG.

-Kai
Jul 06, 2008, 04:40 PM
∞ Boundary Layer
Really great turn-out today. Unfortunately, I left my tool-pouch under one of the trees (with my camera in it).
When I went back an hour later, it was gone. Hopefully someone will post here if they picked it up.
Thanks,
Rich
Last edited by rduder; Jul 06, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Jul 06, 2008, 06:11 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Rich,

I think when we left, Jim(Oly II) and Noel (or Norm??)/Gentle Lady were still there. Great to see Bruce flys his Danny.

Brian, an EAJ
Jul 07, 2008, 01:43 AM

Kyle has your stuff

Rich,
Kyle has your stuff. His phone is 650-714-1855. He called me and I sent an email message to you this AM.
Bob
Jul 10, 2008, 11:59 PM
∞ Boundary Layer
Last Sunday's air traffic was rockin' @ the field, with a good turn-out. Many thanks to Kyle for the camera retrieval service. I recently purchased a used Rahm’s winch, and there were several nice planes to help test it’s pulling power… (Espada R, Jaro Mueller Escape, Supra), plus a bunch of large RES floaters (tap, tap, tap).
Last edited by rduder; Jul 11, 2008 at 09:47 AM.