Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 11, 2003, 06:08 AM

I am in Spitfire heaven - have a look at another S&B example

After several major crashes I decided to repaint this plane. It is driven by a 5 turm brushless Mega.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2003, 06:13 AM
Another Look.
Jan 11, 2003, 08:16 AM
RC Addict
hi Bioba,

Here's my spitty, runs on a s480 and flies like a dream!!! Do you fly with the guys up there in qld?

Jeremy..
Jan 11, 2003, 10:20 AM

Just got my S&B Ta152h flight ready

Any suggestions on CG, setup or general maiden suggestions?
I'm using a Graupner 400 6V on an 8cell 500 AR. The CG I have is based on 55mm from the leading edge but a little nose heavy (kinda hard not to end up nose heavy). Ready to Fly weight is 545 grams...
Jan 11, 2003, 10:21 AM

Another angle

One big lawn dart with wide wings...
Jan 11, 2003, 06:03 PM
RC Addict
your cg should be fine. On my spitfire its approx at 45-48mm back from the leading edge and it handels fine. your best bet is to give it a unpowered throw and see how it glides, if your happy then power up give it a chuck. Don;t be to worried if it goes in, these things are almost indestructable. I gave my friend a fly of a komet and he did a 100ft nose dive into the ground..we just picked it up and kept flying

Email me if you have any more questions

jeremy_daly@optusnet.com.au

Jeremy..
Jan 11, 2003, 06:25 PM

Deflowered the Ta152H this morning

hit full power and gave it a gentle toss. She turned a little to the right and down but I caught the sticks in time to get her up a little. She climbed like a bat out of hell so I gave it a bunch of down trim (I later noticed that the elevator was so slightly down).
She flew straight after that. I did notice some aileron sticking though (the aileron does not come back to full neutral only on right turns). I think this is from the aileron cables sticking in it's sleeve. Not a big deal. I didn't try loops but I did do a roll. Not very axial and it required a bit of down upon inversion. It landed very nicely. With the wide wingspan she had a very flat glide. She turned really nice in the air and was super easy to see. I definitely need to get more batteries!
No damage at the end of the day (although a couple of close calls)...
Jan 11, 2003, 10:14 PM

Ta152h Thermaling

That is a very nice Ta152h!
With its long wingspan it will thermal extreemely well.
By the way I have sticky ailerons in my Spitfire. A slighly thinner diameter cable (available for little money in fishing gear shops) will solve the problem.
Jan 12, 2003, 12:00 AM

Hey BioBa

Thanks for the tip on the thinner gauge wire. I did not think of replacing the pushrod/wire. Do you have any details on which fishing wire I should purchase?
Jan 12, 2003, 09:10 AM

Does the Me163...

use a different pushrod/push wire system for the ailerons?
Jan 12, 2003, 11:04 AM
I was alittle sceptical to the wire connected ailerons so I went
with dual servos on my Tempest. Avaiting spinner and props and then it's almost ready for it's maiden flight...
Jan 12, 2003, 10:30 PM

How exactly does a 2 servo aileron setup work?

Do you connect the servos via a Y harness and connect to one channel or does each servo plug into a different channel?
Jan 13, 2003, 12:32 AM
I used a Y-harness. Just make sure you've turned the servos
so you get one to pull as the other pushes.
Jan 13, 2003, 08:22 AM
on my ta-152 I ended up using two servo's. With this huge wingspan one servo will not give a very pretty roll. Two does the trick. Also I uprgraded the power system to a 480. The 400 pulled it around but I wanted a little more out of it. It is a good match. Oh and I had to move the reciever further behind the cockpit. It was a pain but that seemed to get the cg correct.
Jan 13, 2003, 08:32 AM

I might do that on the next S&B...

I don't like the sticky aileron from the cable system but will try a smaller gauge cable to see if it's smoother. I tried to roll it on the maiden flight but it wasn't exactly axial. Part of that is I may have not been giving it enough juice. I had to give it a bunch of elevator at the inversion point to keep it from dropping too much.
I used a GWS R4P receiver and I snugged that sucker down next to the elevator servo. The ESC (GP C10) I put right in front of it. The 9 cell 500AR's are in the front of that. Very little wiggle room to get the CG right (maybe 1 cell worth of wiggle room).
It does glide very well and the banking turns with that massive wing look very very cool!