This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 06, 2008, 01:19 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Rebirth of the rejects, phase one.

Did a bit of eeny-meeny-miney-mo today and found myself pointing at the Cessna.

It was decided that I'd do some simple tasks on it today.

After a rare Saturday spent at work, it was off to the indie LHS for an APC 12x7 prop and DU-BRO 3" spinner for the LA 65. The engine, though mounted when I got it, didn't appear to have ever been run.

I'd already removed it from the plane and it was a simple task to bolt it to the stand along with the prop and spinner. Good thing I hadn't tried to start the engine in place on the plane. The previous owner had secured it with machine screws threaded into the nylon.

Even running that engine as rich as I was, the thrust was phenomenal.

The fuselage got a good cleaning and the engine went back in place with proper mounting hardware. There's some evidence of at least one hard landing and there are some areas of torn covering patched with clear packing tape, but it's so clean inside that I have to assume that the plane was too much for the previous owner and he didn't fly it much. He also wasn't too careful about how he handled it, hence the tears.

The may look like a Cessna, but it'll likely have the climb rate of an F-15.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply