Aug 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Thread OP
Dostacos.
Hi there. The length of board I used is 32". The cheapest one I could find.
Good one Nick.
I can see it now. Travelling the world. Contesting the Boogie Board Cup. Sponsord by City Beach & Mamba. Just living the dream.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2008, 01:30 PM
some what irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
Dostacos.
Good one Nick.
I can see it now. Travelling the world. Contesting the Boogie Board Cup. Sponsord by City Beach & Mamba. Just living the dream.
mine is 42"
Aug 28, 2008, 12:48 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Quote:
Dostacos.
Good one Nick.
I'm ready.
Aug 28, 2008, 01:06 AM
some what irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLERTIME
I'm ready.
not yet, GI JOE needs an M 60 mounted to the front of that bad boy
Sep 05, 2008, 04:17 PM

Sponsoons

Paul: I have made two sponsoons. Two questions. did you square off the stern of the boogie board. Mine is more rounded. The tape you used instead of fiberglassing, is that an A/C type. ???? Has it kept the wate out from between the foam and original cloth?? Fiberglassing would be a big mess.

With one motor (550) and big rudder, steers great, lots of speed, bow comes up to far, put on two trim tabs and really helped.

G B Robbins
Port St Lucie, FL
waveblasters.org

Sep 06, 2008, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
G.B.
If you are adding the sponsons there's no need to square off the stern of the board ( I didn't ). Just make sure the bottom of the sponsons are flat & square at the stern. See pic. I just put a wedge of foam between the sponson & the board at the stern before I taped them on.
The tape I used is a waterproof duct tape (also known as race tape or speed tape). Water still gets through the fabric where there is no tape. I haven't taped up the whole bottom of the board. Perhaps I should.
Maybe a couple of coats of furniture wax would seal the fabric??
I wouldn't bother with fibre glass.
I've robbed one of the fans at the moment for an experimental hovercraft I'm tinkering with.https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917753
Cheers.
Paul.
Aug 26, 2009, 02:01 PM
I hate to sound stupid, but how do you set up the steering? I understand forward and reverse but how do you program the 'vector' steering? How does one fan or the other know to go faster or slower when you give it a steering command?
Aug 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
The easiest way is to have independent control over each motor, i.e., each motor/ESC on a separate channel.
Aug 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
Too cool guys, awesome repurposing for the rescue and air boat!
Aug 26, 2009, 03:06 PM
OK, can understand that BUT how can 1 channel control both speed and direction? sorry, still confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster
The easiest way is to have independent control over each motor, i.e., each motor/ESC on a separate channel.
Aug 26, 2009, 03:20 PM
It's not really controlling direction, controlling each motor on separate channels you can alter power to each motor thus directing it. If you give the left motor full power and none to the right, it will go right and vice versa.
Aug 26, 2009, 04:30 PM
AHA! Now I feel really stupid THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster
It's not really controlling direction, controlling each motor on separate channels you can alter power to each motor thus directing it. If you give the left motor full power and none to the right, it will go right and vice versa.
Aug 27, 2009, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Hi guys.
Didn't realise this thread was going again.
Sailr.
Just to clarify the steering. I use a 4 channel radio & use the two channels that the forwards/backwards sticks operate. The ESCs are forward/reverse type. As Thorsteenster pointed out, forward on the left boat turns right, forward on the right boat turns left. One forward & one reversed boat spins on the spot. At full speed backing off one motor (even into reverse for tighter turns) and the boat will turn in that direction.
Cheers.
Paul.
May 03, 2010, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Thought I'd add the Mark 4 version of the old rescue boat.
It now has a Turnigy 500 Heli motor & surface drive setup. I'm running a 440 prop with 4s lipo & an old 80A Turborix ESC. a great bit of fun, but with no reverse it makes rescuing a boat a bit harder. Anyhow here's a bit of vision.
All the best.
Paul.

Rescue boat 002.mpg (0 min 52 sec)
May 07, 2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Thought I'd add the Mark 4 version of the old rescue boat.
It now has a Turnigy 500 Heli motor & surface drive setup. I'm running a 440 prop with 4s lipo & an old 80A Turborix ESC. a great bit of fun, but with no reverse it makes rescuing a boat a bit harder. Anyhow here's a bit of vision.
All the best.
Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dldANIVDQjw
Hi!. 785boats san.
Your rescue boat is very surprised at an early speed.
However, because a prompt rescue that is the mission of the rescue boat is an indispensable element, I welcome it.

Quick Reply