Jan 10, 2003, 01:08 PM
Thread OP

tiger moth IPS mount

I am building my moth right now and it says on the instructions to mark a 4mm line on one end and 5 mm on the other end.

Now my question is, which end is the motor end?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2003, 01:35 PM
Crash Master
In step 6 of the Fuselage section, 'Make sure thet the IPS mount is located along the guide line for thrust angle.' The stick should point a little to the right (when viewed from the rear).
Jan 10, 2003, 05:26 PM
Captain Carnage says......

Re: tiger moth IPS mount

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoom_b5
I am building my moth right now and it says on the instructions to mark a 4mm line on one end and 5 mm on the other end.

Now my question is, which end is the motor end?
let me translate for my esteemed colleague...

the motor mounts on the 4mm end with the 5mm end in the fuse
pencil marks up (on top) of course

Chuck
Jan 10, 2003, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
THX so much!
Jan 10, 2003, 06:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

Don't!

Don't epoxy the entire motor stick in the Tiger Moth. When you break the stick, you'll want to be able to get it out. Set up the mount so it is aligned and then just run a small bead of epoxy around the point where the fuse meets the stick. If you break it, you can just get your needle nose pliars, and pull the old stick out. Don't mount the motor to the stick with epoxy. Drill a small hole in the side of the case and run a servo screw into the stick to pin it in position. You can always get it out or change motors easliy.

Buzz
<from past experience!>

Quick Reply