Apr 20, 2008, 12:04 PM
Put a Quark in it!
Here are some pic's of my G-10 4#3, also with lights attached.

[IMG]H:\Stuff\Cannon Camera\2008\2008_04_17\IMG_5731.JPG[/IMG]
[IMG]H:\Stuff\Cannon Camera\2008\2008_04_17\IMG_5724.JPG[/IMG]
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2008, 12:05 PM
Put a Quark in it!
Ok so I cant figure out how to attach a picture.
Apr 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
nexgen - you need to click "Go Advanced" and upload pics onto the RcGroups server. It would be rather scary for you if we had access to your hard drive.
Apr 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
Woa man, I found the wrong pics on your HD. Nudie pics of the wife...
Apr 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
They are alot cheaper than the micro-heli frames which are $80.00 plus shipping from out of the USA. So i think the price is very fair.
Carbon is not a cheap material and it requires differen't tooling and is more labor intensive.
- Just some things to consider.

Well, it is hard to work if you have the wrong set of tools. I was given a huge roll of thin carbon twill a few years ago, and have been making different laminated projects and have perfected science for making 3-d to flat plates of carbon at any size and thickness. Also the cost of carbon material in the US has gone down since other stronger & lighter materials are available - like Kevlar. Cool stuff to laminate, you should try it!
Last edited by micron5; Apr 20, 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Apr 20, 2008, 02:37 PM
mario i am a bit confused about the motor mount of the airframes you designed. description on your webshop indicates that "ANY Motor that fits the stock motor mounting, both stock Carbon Brush types, as well as Brushless (i.e. ultra micro motors, Feigao or Losi 10250kv brushless motor and Feigao 6amp speed controllers"
but the losi motor doesnt fit the stock frame without modification. i believe it will be hard to mod the cf or gf frames for the motor mount.
Apr 20, 2008, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baygenco
mario i am a bit confused about the motor mount of the airframes you designed. description on your webshop indicates that "ANY Motor that fits the stock motor mounting, both stock Carbon Brush types, as well as Brushless (i.e. ultra micro motors, Feigao or Losi 10250kv brushless motor and Feigao 6amp speed controllers"
but the losi motor doesnt fit the stock frame without modification. i believe it will be hard to mod the cf or gf frames for the motor mount.
You wouldn't be confused if you had the frame in front of you. the motor mount is cut in an s-shape to accomodate many differen't motor positions.
that's how differen't motors with wider or narrower spacing fits.
-johnw
Apr 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLyze
That's your attitude? If you don't receive your order just order another 1?
Ha!
It was just a joke. what happened to your sence of humor?
I was just making light of the subject. No Harm was intended or anything.
sorry if this made some angry?
-johnw
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Apr 20, 2008 at 04:16 PM.
Apr 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
You wouldn't be confused if you had the frame in front of you. the motor mount is cut in an s-shape to accomodate many differen't motor positions.
that's how differen't motors with wider or narrower spacing fits.
-johnw
very clever.
thanks for the reply.
Apr 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
Quote:
very clever.
thanks for the reply.
No Problem, My Pleasure.
cheers, johnw
Apr 20, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, I designed the frames with that S shapped motor mounting slots so you can use the stock and Losi brushless or similar motors with similar mounting hole distances. Like John said with the frames and the motors at hand this mounting is a bit more obvious. The S shape slot also allows for the motors to have some room to be moved front to back, in case some of us want to try different size pinions.
Apr 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
MK

The frame you are getting is not obsolete, actually it is the same frame as the Carbon ones. I wasn't planing on offering carbon until John requested I make some for him, other folks also requested in carbon, so I redesigned them for carbon. The only thing different, as I mentioned before, is the LG and the mounting. I didn't want to offer a rigid LG and loose the appeal of carbon plate, so I designed the frames with the flex LG. This is the one you should be getting ( G10 as you ordered) no later than Monday.

If you want a Carbon one , or the old rigid LG one original G10 frame, I will honor the exchange, even exchange for the rigid LG one or for the carbon one at the diference in cost for the carbon. I wont charge you reshipping but you do need to send the frame back to me, unused, in an envelope with signature confirmation so that you and I know I received it. The same applies to anyone else reading this, that ordered the G10 Frames prior to me offering them in carbon.

I will have frames both in Carbon and in G10 this week, so if you place the order you will have it in 3 business days. Or if you want an exchange as I am offering above, I can send you the exchange frame as soon as I receive the one you would be sending back.

How does this sound? I am very flexible wihin reason.

I will try to update my site with prices.
Apr 20, 2008, 07:15 PM
deleted.
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Apr 21, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Apr 20, 2008, 08:11 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
MK

The frame you are getting is not obsolete, actually it is the same frame as the Carbon ones. I wasn't planing on offering carbon until John requested I make some for him, other folks also requested in carbon, so I redesigned them for carbon. The only thing different, as I mentioned before, is the LG and the mounting. I didn't want to offer a rigid LG and loose the appeal of carbon plate, so I designed the frames with the flex LG. This is the one you should be getting ( G10 as you ordered) no later than Monday.

If you want a Carbon one , or the old rigid LG one original G10 frame, I will honor the exchange, even exchange for the rigid LG one or for the carbon one at the diference in cost for the carbon. I wont charge you reshipping but you do need to send the frame back to me, unused, in an envelope with signature confirmation so that you and I know I received it. The same applies to anyone else reading this, that ordered the G10 Frames prior to me offering them in carbon.

I will have frames both in Carbon and in G10 this week, so if you place the order you will have it in 3 business days. Or if you want an exchange as I am offering above, I can send you the exchange frame as soon as I receive the one you would be sending back.

How does this sound? I am very flexible wihin reason.

I will try to update my site with prices.

sounds more than fair.

was mostly griping to myself about jumping the gun on new products

though was getting worried-cause I thought it should have been here by now

thanx

mk
Apr 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
anyone fly this frame bl yet?? either the cf or g10?

hopefully by weds or so I should have a bl 2.4ghz metal 4#3 with the mia g10 frame- though I might want to keep the metal 2.4 intact for a few days to try it out

from looking at the pix I will need to loc-tite it!

hehe--loctiting a 4#3 who would have thought

mk

Quick Reply