Thread Tools
May 18, 2008, 03:40 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
They are a great little heli.I had 2 of them up until a month ago.
I jumped from a picooz to a 52.
28 blades later,I found I could hover it.
I found the 64C fibreglass blades made it nice for just hovering in the living room.
I hear that venom made the instruction the way it should be.
The Walkera manual is very confusing.
Jason
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
Registered User
stevel48's Avatar

My Jahawk version of the G10 MIA frame


now for the mechanics and some fly time
May 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
Registered User

walkera 52#/vemon nr3d micro


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
They are a great little heli.I had 2 of them up until a month ago.*I jumped from a picooz to a 52. *28 blades later,I found I could hover it.*I found the 64C fibreglass blades made it nice for just hovering in the living room.*I hear that venom made the instruction the way it should be.The Walkera manual is very confusing.*Jason
Jason,wow i love this walkera 52/venom heli. i am blown away at how stable and easy to fly it is. i have a 64c which never really flew well (death wobbles).but this hlei flew perfectly out of the box! it will be great when mario finishes the frames for these little guys! this thing is rock stable in a hover. i'll try the 64c blades on it.
cheers, johnw
May 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
Registered User

Paint job


Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
now for the mechanics and some fly time
Wow steve that's beautiful!!! very impressive work.
- johnw
May 18, 2008, 06:00 PM
Registered User
I can't wait to see what mario comes up with for the 52. It really is a nice flying heli when you change it to the Medusa brushless motor and better lipo's. And a GWS tail motor. I hope the new frame that mario is coming up with will give it the looks of the new 4-3 frame. I love the looks that his new frames give the stock 4-3.
May 18, 2008, 06:39 PM
Registered User
stevel48's Avatar
john or mario....i assume you have to lengthen the wires coming out of the servos so they can reach the 4-1. yes?
May 18, 2008, 08:03 PM
Registered User

servo wire length


Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
john or mario....i assume you have to lengthen the wires coming out of the servos so they can reach the 4-1. yes?
Only if you have a much older model. i only had to do that once with my very first 4-3. all the others had longer wires on the servos so they did reach.
-johnw
May 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
Registered User

52#


Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467
I can't wait to see what mario comes up with for the 52. It really is a nice flying heli when you change it to the Medusa brushless motor and better lipo's. And a GWS tail motor. I hope the new frame that mario is coming up with will give it the looks of the new 4-3 frame. I love the looks that his new frames give the stock 4-3.
I agree i just started flying my 52# and am shocked with how stable it is!
i love it. it's a good heli for moveing up from the 4#3.
cheers, johnw
May 18, 2008, 08:32 PM
Registered User
Kelley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I picked up a Venom Night Ranger 3D Micro today at the LHS to see what it was like. It's a re-branded 52#.
How much? Just wondering how it compared to a #52.
May 18, 2008, 09:36 PM
Registered User

52 vs. NRG 3D micro


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley
How much? Just wondering how it compared to a #52.
walkera 52# $159.95
Venom NRG 3D micro $240.00
May 18, 2008, 09:53 PM
Registered User
I went straight from a fp heli to the 52 with about 3 years in between them. The 52 when setup right, can perform alot to keep you interested in it. It is real easy to loop and roll it and it will do great inverted flight. The HH gyro that is built in the 4in1 is probably the best in the RTF models. The one part that i hated the most was the landing gear. They would snap in a easy landing. And the aluminum frame is easily bent. So i hope that mario will come up with a great looking design. I made a few CF frame plates and battery plates that did the job but did not look that great. I would love it to look just like the 4-3 frames but for the 52.
May 19, 2008, 12:24 AM
Registered User

Medusa Powered Venom/52


Well my new Venom/52 didn't stay brushed for long(15 flights).
This is by far the easiest heli to convert to brushless.
Parts:
1:Medusa 12mmx30mm afterburner 4100kv BL Motor
1:Feigao 6A Brushless ESC
1:8Tooth .5Mod 1.5MM bore Pinion
Walkera 64C Blades
stock 3S li-po
It flies like a dream!
Cheers, johnw
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 19, 2008 at 01:29 AM.
May 19, 2008, 01:45 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Jason,wow i love this walkera 52/venom heli. i am blown away at how stable and easy to fly it is. i have a 64c which never really flew well (death wobbles).but this hlei flew perfectly out of the box! it will be great when mario finishes the frames for these little guys! this thing is rock stable in a hover. i'll try the 64c blades on it.
cheers, johnw
Hi John
Iam only really a hoverer and the 64C blades made it really docile.But they are stronger.So they wont break easy and any impact force will be transfered to other parts of the heli.Iam curious as to how the 64C blades go flying around.
I have the 64#C1 too and that suffered with terrible death wobbles until I unscrewed the bolt that pivots the blade control set.It was binding on the bearing and the flybar always returned to one side.It was an instant fix.
Jason
May 19, 2008, 01:50 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
John,That looks great!
You can strap the 64C battery under it too if you want 10-15 mins.
Jason
May 19, 2008, 02:04 AM
Registered User

Medusa powered Venom/52


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
John,That looks great!
You can strap the 64C battery under it too if you want 10-15 mins.
Jason
cool thanks! yeah i'm using a TP 730mah pack and it flies forever!
I am getting some really light weight 350mah packs to try also they only weigh 30grams.
cheers, johnw


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 12:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 06:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 26, 2008 11:08 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 01:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 07:19 AM