Thread Tools
Apr 27, 2008, 01:50 AM
Registered User
Junglemaxx's Avatar

Wooden blades


Mario:

I had a question. When will your wooden blades be available?
Thanks







-----------
The ''4#3 Airwolf kit'' project
Includes: pics & vids
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2008, 02:02 AM

Carbon Flex vs. G10 Ridged Frames


Some new Photos of the difference between the Carbon Flex Frame And the G10 Ridged.
-johnw
Apr 27, 2008, 02:09 AM
master 4#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Some new Photos of the difference between the Carbon Flex Frame And the G10 Ridged.
-johnw
looking awesome! i cant decide i want both
Apr 27, 2008, 02:15 AM

MIA Frames


Quote:
Originally Posted by baygenco
looking awesome! i cant decide i want both
Thanks!!!
They Fly as Good as they Look.
-johnw
Apr 27, 2008, 03:34 AM

Weight Loss Tip


A nice and easy way to take a gram off these little helis is to cut away the plastic card case around the reciever. Just CA the board to the bottom of the card once you have cut the sides off. No ill effects on this one.
-johnw
Apr 27, 2008, 04:47 AM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglemaxx
Mario:

I had a question. When will your wooden blades be available?
Thanks

-----------
The ''4#3 Airwolf kit'' project
Includes: pics & vids
Target in 2 weeks. I will post them on the site when they are ready to go.
Nice pics John, thanks for posting them.
Apr 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
maybe i don't kow what you know but I have seen the 4g3 in their 2008 calalog. I'm aware of a design hold up but all info points to a possible release this half of the year. I read some translated chinese RC forums and they talk about it there. a friend of a walkera employee and this guy was right about the 2.4 mhz with the red metal head release date.

Specification:

1. Main Rotor Dia: 253 mm
2. Tail Rotor Dia: 58 mm
3. Overall Length: 235 mm
4. All-up Weight: 67g (Battery included)
5. Drive System: 1220
6. Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-Po
7. Transmitter: WK-0605
Thanks for the info. stevel48,

It was pretty obvious that the walkera company was going that direction of producing a CCPM 4-3 helicopter - it's really easy to do, once they've come this far - why not. A couple years ago, I modified and made my Icarus piccolo rotor head into a ccpm version - turned out to work surprisingly well - than later they came out with the piccolo pro. But it was a fun project more than any thing.

And yes, I've already cut-up my 4-3 rotor head and started to make one - but have canceled the project. I just want to relax this time and maybe wait till I fly one of these inverted with a nice high performance BL propulsion motor.



Micron
Last edited by micron5; Apr 27, 2008 at 04:00 PM.
Apr 27, 2008, 04:13 PM

New Li-po for MIA frame


I may have come across a new li-po for the Mia frame that would weigh the same as stock li-po but be 500mah! they weigh 11grams and are 10c discharge rate (same as stock). i ordered 10 to try out. Losi uses the same battery connectors as Walkera so i have 5 connectors in stock to wire 5 li-po's for testing. i'll post my results when i get them this week.
On Another note i just put in an order with Walkera for 18 pcs of the new all metal 4#3.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
Apr 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
A nice and easy way to take a gram off these little helis is to cut away the plastic card case around the reciever. Just CA the board to the bottom of the card once you have cut the sides off. No ill effects on this one.
-johnw
That was the first thing I did before I flew right out of the box. I removed the entire white plastic from the rx and remounted the board with thin servo tape and 1or 2 dental rubber bands. Worked perfect.
Apr 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
Droner
SebastianJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I may have come across a new li-po for the Mia frame that would weigh the same as stock li-po but be 500mah! they weigh 11grams and are 10c discharge rate (same as stock). i ordered 10 to try out. Losi uses the same battery connectors as Walkera so i have 5 connectors in stock to wire 5 li-po's for testing. i'll post my results when i get them this week.
On Another note i just put in an order with Walkera for 18 pcs of the new all metal 4#3.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
Be aware that Losi wires are the other way around from Walkeras!!!!!!

+ is - and - is +.
Apr 27, 2008, 04:28 PM

plug polarity


Quote:
Originally Posted by bas10an
Be aware that Losi wires are the other way around from Walkeras!!!!!!

+ is - and - is +.
Yes i already know this. All i do is push the pins out and reverse the polarity. i have used them before
-johnw
Apr 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
Droner
SebastianJ's Avatar
Better safe than sorry
Apr 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
YES!
THANKS, Johnw
Apr 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I may have come across a new li-po for the Mia frame that would weigh the same as stock li-po but be 500mah! they weigh 11grams and are 10c discharge rate (same as stock). i ordered 10 to try out. Losi uses the same battery connectors as Walkera so i have 5 connectors in stock to wire 5 li-po's for testing. i'll post my results when i get them this week.
On Another note i just put in an order with Walkera for 18 pcs of the new all metal 4#3.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
John,
What price will you be asking for the new all metal 4#3?
Will you ship to Australia?
Thanks Jason.
Apr 27, 2008, 06:32 PM

Pricing and shipping out of usa


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
John,
What price will you be asking for the new all metal 4#3?
Will you ship to Australia?
Thanks Jason.
Jason,
i will decide about out of usa shipping this week.
Not sure about a price yet but they do cost me $40usd more than the Fm ones. So they will be price $40 more. i will proably not be the lowest price because this will be my first order with Walkera. But i will be ordering more and more from them so my prices will drop over the next couple of months i hope!
thanks, johnw


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 12:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 06:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 26, 2008 11:08 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 01:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 07:19 AM