Thread Tools
Apr 25, 2008, 10:22 PM
Registered User
stevel48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
In another month, depending on how many more people want this set up.
I'm in for it and I'm waiting for that so I can order the whole carbon kit and head.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2008, 10:51 PM
Registered User
stevel48's Avatar

4g3


so with the new CP walkera 4g3 on the horizon, should i wait to buy your frame Mario or will it be adaptable to the new 3 servo design?
Apr 25, 2008, 10:53 PM
Registered User
He said in a previous post that it has a servo mount for a cp version when it comes out. Its already in the design.
Apr 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
so with the new CP walkera 4g3 on the horizon

???? this isnt so -as far as I know-is there new information?

please share!

mk
Apr 26, 2008, 04:09 AM
Registered User

MIA Carbon 4-3 Frame


I just finished building a MIA Carbon 4-3. It has the smaller Flybar Paddles and has great response. Man i love the way it looks and flies. It looks alittle like a Robinson R22 with the angular skids and all.
-johnw
Apr 26, 2008, 07:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I just finished building a MIA Carbon 4-3. It has the smaller Flybar Paddles and has great response. Man i love the way it looks and flies. It looks alittle like a Robinson R22 with the angular skids and all.
-johnw
Cool, very nice, thanks for sharing. I wished I could do such things this nice like you. Congrats.
Apr 26, 2008, 12:15 PM
Registered User
stevel48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
???? this isnt so -as far as I know-is there new information?

please share!

mk
maybe i don't kow what you know but I have seen the 4g3 in their 2008 calalog. I'm aware of a design hold up but all info points to a possible release this half of the year. I read some translated chinese RC forums and they talk about it there. a friend of a walkera employee and this guy was right about the 2.4 mhz with the red metal head release date.

Specification:

1. Main Rotor Dia: 253 mm
2. Tail Rotor Dia: 58 mm
3. Overall Length: 235 mm
4. All-up Weight: 67g (Battery included)
5. Drive System: 1220
6. Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-Po
7. Transmitter: WK-0605
Last edited by stevel48; Apr 26, 2008 at 08:17 PM.
Apr 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
Registered User

cp heli


Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
maybe i don't kow what you know but I have seen the 4g3 in their 2008 calalog. I'm aware of a design hold up but all info points to a possible release this half of the year. I read some trtanslated chinese RC forums and they talk about it there. a friend of a walkera employee. And this guy was right about the 2.4 gig with the red metal head release date.

Specification:

1. Main Rotor Dia: 253 mm
2. Tail Rotor Dia: 58 mm
3. Overall Length: 235 mm
4. All-up Weight: 67g (Battery included)
5. Drive System: 1220
6. Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-Po
7. Transmitter: WK-0605
wow it's ugly. but with a MIA frames this would be killer!!!!!
main rotor dia. increased by alot though. it's not really tiny anymore.
-johnw
Apr 26, 2008, 06:42 PM
Registered User

thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mokabo123
Cool, very nice, thanks for sharing. I wished I could do such things this nice like you. Congrats.
Thank You!
I'm Sure you could!
i'm still looking into shipping outside the us.
thanks, johnw
Apr 26, 2008, 07:51 PM
Registered User

Shipping Charges on RCHobbyHelicopter.com


Just to clear something up. i just had a customer pm me about being charged too much for shipping on my site. there is a bug in the shopping cart so don't worry shipping isn't $17 for a frame. most small items can fit in one box which would be $8.95 anywhere in the usa priority 2-3day. once your order comes to me i will call you by telephone with the total price. the correct price!
sorry for the confusion. this will be fixed as soon as possible.
thanks, johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
Apr 26, 2008, 08:02 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
I have had my tail motor burn out and Iam waiting for a new one to arrive.
Because Iam impatient,I have gone and fitted a good main motor to the tail using the standard tail prop as direct drive.
I have found the balance is horrible and I need to keep the trim all the way to the left.
but the tail only drifts around 2-3 clicks on the 0703 radio. It will drift one way and then one click either way in a battery pack.
What I really want to know is if there is any damage that I will be doing to the receiver or anything while using this motor in the tail?
The battery does get warm,but only just noticable.
Jason
Apr 26, 2008, 08:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
I have had my tail motor burn out and Iam waiting for a new one to arrive.
Because Iam impatient,I have gone and fitted a good main motor to the tail using the standard tail prop as direct drive.
I have found the balance is horrible and I need to keep the trim all the way to the left.
but the tail only drifts around 2-3 clicks on the 0703 radio. It will drift one way and then one click either way in a battery pack.
What I really want to know is if there is any damage that I will be doing to the receiver or anything while using this motor in the tail?
The battery does get warm,but only just noticable.
Jason
Not sure really but i'm sure the main motor draws alot more amperage. so the rx may go poof. but give it a shot.
Apr 26, 2008, 08:15 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
It is just glued to the top front of the tail gearbox now and it is very powerfull.
I can punch the throttle using the losi and the tail sits rock solid.
Maybe a motor just a touch more powerful than standard would be ideal to help with the tail drift.
Maybe I should go for a drive today and buy some tail motors.
Jason
Apr 26, 2008, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Looking at the recent 4G3 pictures, can you guys tell the CCPM 4g3 version, Walkera moved the servos back. if you look carefully, you will see both left and right servos are installed about two holes back on the frame and there should be a third servo inside the canopy near he motor, but maybe this is what they are having problems with in making it availble. I don't see how they are using a third servo in the front without taking some space for the main motor. In addition the main motor will have to be more powerful, maybe also larger, to work with the larger rotor diameter.

MIA frames and canopies should also be great for the CCPM 4g3. Tis is why I added additional servo mounting peg holes on the MIA frames, and made the canopies a bit larger than their stock 4#3.
Apr 26, 2008, 09:30 PM
Registered User
More than likely the setup is the same as the walkera 52 in servo placement. Maybe even the same design with only hiller flybar.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 12:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 06:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 26, 2008 11:08 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 01:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 07:19 AM