Old Mar 31, 2008, 06:33 AM
Find More Posts by The Big Woo
Discussion

1/6th Scale Plans and Equipment?

Hey guys...

I did a few searches and didn't come up with much so if this topic has been covered before I apologize...

I'm toying with the idea of a 1/6th scale scratch build. Is there a place to get 1/6th scale drawings of tanks?

I say "tanks" because I am open to the make/model of the tank. WWII, Vietnam, Modern... US or another country. I'm kinda leaning more towards US and modern because of so many WWII German tanks out there. A Vietnam era tank or M113 would be cool. I've been more and more interested in the Vietnam war the last couple of years. BUT... again, I'm open to other options. I guess it depends on what plans I can get my hands on.

The build would be mostly wooden with some metal bits and as simple as possible. However a few options would be a must such as a rotating turret and main gun movement. I suppose later other options like modding the main gun to fire bbs or something could be worked out. Again this isn't for combat but just to run for S&Gs.

Of course the weight would be kept as light as possible. However I'm struggling to figure out what kind of motor or battery set up would be needed to power a monster like this?

I have a 1/6th scale M5 (walmart special) and want it to run faster than that one if I'm able. I have seen a few scratch builds and its hard to pin down what would be useable as a good motor/battery set up.

Any info or links are appreciated!
Thanks
Brian
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2008, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by scififlyer
Registered Useless
Not plans, but in the same vein:

http://gijoeinformation.com/gallery/SupplyDepot?page=2