This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 31, 2008, 03:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Artificial intelligence rides again

The answer is yes. U can mix a swashplate with a neural network. Most of the time, it works. Made really rough video & an LED tracking program to train the network. The head would always rotate during the tests. The linkages had a lot of play. The camera couldn't be exactly level. Video synchronization seemed to work.

Have a really rough conversion of cyclic to pitch phase in the disc. Since the goal is isolating collective from cyclic, phase alignment is secondary.

Video of training the neural network using machine vision followed by a strapdown test of neural network swashplate mixing.

(1 min 51 sec)

Well, she certainly flies like this. Can't say it's any better than algebraic mixing. Swashplate phase is way off. Have some nasty glitches when the wrong combination of collective & cyclic is applied.

The credit card is nuked. All things considered, the EOS 5D is only rent inflation since last year.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Mar 31, 2008 at 03:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2008, 11:13 PM
Closed Account
Looks like to me your mixers are on backwards.

Quick Reply