first time flyer Has an outstanding day at Mission Peak - RC Groups
Mar 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
Rave

first time flyer Has an outstanding day at Mission Peak

As a first time flyer I was a bit nervous that first filght, the conditions were good and I was able to have plenty of stick time today. My confidence had grown by day's end. Thank you Eric, Sean, and Dave for your help. I think Mission Peak is Great!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2008, 11:05 AM
What's goin' wrong?!
Sean, Dave C., Marc V., and I, plus Al Jones (new SBSS member!) flew yesterday at Mission Peak. The conditions were wonderful. Al has been learning on a simulator, and he did amazingly well for his first day of RC gliding. He has an Easy Glider. After just some initial maneuvering and handing the transmitter back & forth, Al did nearly all the flying except for the landings. Congratulations, Al!

I have read about the Easy Glider on RC Groups, and comments there have been positive. Now, with some first hand experience, I can say that the Easy Glider is a very good airplane, well suited for learning how to fly. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn, or to anyone who wants a tough little glider that flies very well.

Eric
Mar 31, 2008, 12:49 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Beautiful day on the slope. A bit on the chilly side, but who cares. Slopers are a tough lot . We wished we had brought our big planes or slopers, but what can you do? Al did really well on his first time. He probably got an hour of stick time on his first day of flying! No doubt he'll be landing at his next session. Overall a great day. Don't let Spring pass by without flying at Mission. Summer is another story.

sean
Last edited by Sailhigh; Mar 31, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Apr 05, 2008, 06:49 PM
i would second eric's thoughts about the easy glider. i have also been having a lot of success with it.

eric and sean also gave me some very valuable help at mission peak with my spirit glider (which is on the workbench now after 2 or 3 "landings" in trees).

since then, i've been flying my second easy glider a lot at the slope sites here in sf. (my first easy glider taught me a lot, but gave its life to get me started with slope). day after day, i'm landing the plane and bringing it home in one piece. it's very fast on windy days with balast in the wing spar, and very velvety on light days without the balast.

and usually pretty easy to glue back together with ca, good as new,
if something "happens."

eric and sean, i look forward to flying with you guys again sometime soon!
pete