This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2008, 08:43 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

One project down, more to come.

Since I am fortunate enough to be blogging today from beautiful San Diego, California, I thought I should mention the fact that this area is absolutely nuts for radio control.

There are two R/C stores within a few blocks of one another just in Clairemont Mesa. One is Hobby People, the other is an indie. The Hobby People store happened to have the very Cirrus 9g servo I needed to get the little Align Spitfire back to 100% functionality. It'll go in the moment I get home. So will a 9x5 prop to replace the 8x6 which I think is working the Common Sense motor a bit too hard. Didn't want to wait for the backordered replacement gear set for that servo.

Next project in the queue is the minor repair and resurrection of the poor, abandoned Global Hobbies Raven 40 waiting in my garage. Last time I was at the field, someone had a similar plane with the same Thunder Tiger engine I plan on installing in the Raven.

Holy mother of fast. This is gonna be a really, really hairy and fast ride. The plane's builder and previous owner was there and attested to that fact.

I am absolutely, positively going to bring a plane down here the next time I have the opportunity to hang with my sister and brother-in-law here in Carmel Valley.

Returning to my irregularly scheduled long weekend.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply