This thread is privately moderated by 356Jim, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2008, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

More on Foam, plus my Arrow

I've received requests from a couple of fellow RCGroup-ers regarding my foam cutting. I have sent them my guide for how to make a foam slicer for EPS, EPP and Depron. I have been using these materials for micro-sized indoor planes, as well as a couple of outdoor, calm-wind flyers. I feel one of the best features of this document is how to make a foam cutting power supply from a battery pack, a brushed motor ESC and a servo tester (although you can also use a Tx and Rx). I have also been dispensing browser links to sites that have decent info on foam cutting for wing cores and fuselages.

I am by no means the expert on this subject, but I have acquired a lot of "hand on" experience, which I will share with my fellow hobbyists.

One of my pursuits is indoor slow flight, like the F3P style planes. I have a Budget RC Arrow that I maidened last week. All I can say is, S-w-e-e-e-t !!! It does not do well at all in even a breeze, and a couple of times I thought I had lost it - once getting inverted without even trying (scary). I managed to recover and bring it down. I will put her up again this week, but early in the morning when it's still as a church at midnight.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply