This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 28, 2008, 12:52 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Christmas in March!

Glad to start off by saying that my house is now wired for fiber optic communications. I thought DSL and cable were fast. Nothing like this. Way too cool!

Finally got to do a bit of e-flying today and one of the planes which made the trek to the field with me was the little Align Spitfire 400 I picked up in January at the AMA convention and which belly-flopped on its maiden flight that same month due to some whacked-out balancing directions which left it woefully tail-heavy.

I spent a bit of Christmas swag on the thing and here I am, three months later, actually able to enter the fact here on the blog that I flew it today. Twice. I took my time repairing it thanks to all the other R/C projects on my plate, but I'd planned to finish it up just before Easter and, by golly, I did.

It's too bad that Align saw fit to discontinue this little model less than a year after its introduction. All it needs are some adjustments to the documentation, an ounce of weight up front and some far, FAR better retracts. They should reconsider power options as well. Ran my li-pos a bit too hot for my taste, thank you.

What steams my fleckmans is the fact that a closeout was sold at that event without the vendor stating it as such. The AMA needs to come up with some rules regarding disclosure of such information, with some sort of punishment (or banishment) of vendors who don't comply. I even asked the guy about spare parts. He said he didn't carry any because his warehouse was too small. Ri-i-i-i-i-ght.

Oh, well. It's back together, it flies beautifully, it has upgraded and readily available Great Planes retracts and I don't plan on crashing it anytime soon.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply