Mar 27, 2008, 07:44 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Cool

New 3D Capable E-flite Ultimate 20-300 10 ARF

Looks like another sexy looking aerobatic/3D biplane is on the way for summer flying, from Horizon and E-Flite!

E-Flite Ultimate 20-300 10 ARF

Key Features

* Biplane design has more wing area and lighter wing loading for improved aerobatics
* Unique strut attachment has fewer parts than many other models, allowing for faster assembly
* Authentic Ultimate style spinner included
* Molded wing fillets for added scale apperance
* Lightweight, durable fiberglass cowling and wheel pants
* Steerable tail wheel

Overview

The E-flite® Ultimate 20-300 10e ARF is an 3D capable, sport model of a rare aerobatic aircraft. The large wing area and light wing loading of the biplane design offers smooth flight characteristics while exhibiting precise response. The Ultimate is designed around the use of the E-flite’s Power 10, providing excellent power for any type of aerobatic maneuver. Intermediate to advanced pilots will be excited and pleased by by the sport scale aerobatic performance of the Ultimate 20-300.

The design and construction of the Ultimate showcases a level of quality and performance beyond that of any similar models, allowing intermediate pilots to grow their skills rapidly and experienced pilots to enjoy maximum performance with no extra effort. Outstanding features include: UltraCote and UltraCote lite covering over a lightweight balsa and plywood frame; a steerable tail wheel; authentic Ultimate stlye spinner; a fiberglass cowl and wheel pants; plastic molded wing fillets for added scale appearance, and a unique strut attachment that allows for quick assembly. These features and level of pre-fabrication allows you the ability to fly this incredible biplane in less time over similar models.

Specs

* Wing Span:38 in (960mm)
* Overall Length:41 in (1045mm)
* Wing Area:473.5 sq in (30.5 sq dm)
* Flying Weight:w/ battery: 39–41 oz (1105–1160 g)
* Motor Size:10 size brushless motor
* Radio:4+ channels
* Servos:Spectrum DS75 (with programmer)
* Prop Size:APC 12x6E
* Spinner Size:Included
* Hardware Included:Yes
* Speed Control :40 amp brushless
* Recommended Battery:3S 11.1V 2100mAh Li-Po
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2008, 08:21 AM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
I like it better than the GP version. The landing gear is more scale too!
Mar 27, 2008, 08:22 AM
Pug Pilot
Man, they're just cranking the new models out left and right. That's a good looking plane.
Mar 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
im like'in it!
Mar 27, 2008, 12:51 PM
Crash & Burn
It's on the Horizon site.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2750

It looks great except for the wing attachment system. I can envision punching a lot of holes in the top of the wing if my screwdriver slips.....
Mar 27, 2008, 02:23 PM
The sky is my playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
It looks great except for the wing attachment system. I can envision punching a lot of holes in the top of the wing if my screwdriver slips.....
The wing span in only 38 inches hopefuly most folks won't even need to take the plane apart for transport. Not sure that'll I'll own one of these, but if I did. I doubt I'd have to take it apart. That being said, I am really impressed E-Flite is really stepping up and cranking out some quality planes.
Mar 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
It's on the Horizon site.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2750

That's nothing that a change to button head hex socket type bolts wouldn't solve. E-Flite, are you listening?

Rick
Mar 27, 2008, 05:31 PM
The plane looks awesome..I wonder what would be a strong motor for it.? I wonder if the 10 is going to be strong enough?

Boss
Mar 28, 2008, 12:02 AM
The sky is my playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss248
The plane looks awesome..I wonder what would be a strong motor for it.? I wonder if the 10 is going to be strong enough?
Boss
There's always the Power 15...
Mar 28, 2008, 12:45 AM
Plowin Dirt
3 months of searching/trying & guess what..This is on pre-order from my LHS. Perfect size for me. I'm assumming another beautiful bird from E-Flite. I can see it powered with the MotrolFly motor & ESC. Less weight, same power & $15.00 cheaper. OH YEA! Plus I have the 2100 batteries that fit the rest of of my birds. Now if E-Flite would just kick it up so I could get another TC 450, I'd be in hog heaven. (The wife not-with-standing). LOL
I think my planes are transmitting subliminal messages to me for more purchases.. or else they're secretly breeding either way, it's all good
However, they do need a different color selection, as in REALLY NEED!
Dan
Mar 28, 2008, 01:18 AM
Plowin Dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss248

Boss
MotrolFly has a DM-2815 (120gram) rated @ 350W/1100kv. 3d<1200/gram pulling a 10x5~12x6. $61.00 Assurances from them their motors are underated will be a test. I can tell you this, I have a DM2820 from them in a 3.2lb bird (Hyperion Cap 232) that sucked the bird off the ground in under 10' and went vertical. I blew my cg but the motor hauled a** & survived a 10' high forward thrust pancake crash with no motor damage. Whereas my 450 E-Flite motor with an APC 'E' prop hit the asphalt curb and bent the motor shaft. Not a crash, just coasted into the curb after landing.

Dan
Mar 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
nice lookin bipe right there.....

i just wish they wouldnt suggest using their cruddy "digital" (if you can even call them that) S75 servos. I understand promoting your brand and stuff but those servos wont hold worth a poop when on such darn big surfaces.
Mar 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
Those Spektrum servos are going to explode as soon as you try any maneuver in that. HS-65s all around. Big gears, good size, good torque.

Saw this yesterday and immediately put one on order at the LHS. I've been looking for a small electric Ultimate for months, and then this shows up! Couldn't be more excited. I feel bad for my PA Katana; it might not get that many flights this year
Mar 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
rudra,

they wont explode, but they just wont be able to hold as they dont have enough torque. i think we get the idea of 65's....been using them for 2 years
Mar 28, 2008, 11:57 PM
Can anyone see a battery hatch? Top or bottom? Please don't tell me you have to pull the wing to swap packs

Brad

Quick Reply