Jun 02, 2001, 03:32 PM
No class, no smarts, and ugly
Thread OP

Pyramid Power Supply

I own a FMA SuperNova charger and want a DC power supply. I found the Pyramid 10 amp constant model for $34.99 here:
http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/sea...upply&cl=dmiyg

Would 10 amps be enough or would I need a 15 amp?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2001, 06:30 PM
That would depend on what you're charging and to some extent at least, the charger you're using. It'll probably handle any eight or ten cell pack just fine, but not a 20 cell. The best thing to do is measure the input current to the charger you're using when charging your biggest flight pack. If it's less than ten amps then that supply should work fine.
Jun 02, 2001, 06:39 PM
SRM
SRM
I charge my 6-cell 2000maH packs for R/C cars at 4 amps so I would think that a 10 amp power supply would be ample.
Jun 02, 2001, 08:17 PM
Professional Goofball
I am using the Pyramid 14 amp power supply left over from my car audio days and have never had a problem charging even the biggest packs. A 10-amp supply would be more than adequate for almost all RC use. BTW! I also use the 250s...
Jun 02, 2001, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by OCModels:
I am using the Pyramid 14 amp power supply left over from my car audio days and have never had a problem charging even the biggest packs. A 10-amp supply would be more than adequate for almost all RC use. BTW! I also use the 250s...

I have a genuine Pyramid Phase III 35 amp supply. it's about 20 years old i think.
Jun 03, 2001, 08:43 AM
Thread OP
I don't have any 20 cell packs and don't think I will for some time so that isn't a worry. But I would like to get some ten and twelve cell packs in the not too distant future and be able to charge them.

They would be 2000, 2400, or 3000 mah so charge rates around four or five amps would be nice to use. Will a 10 amp supply handle it or do you think I should bump up to the 14 amp for another $10.00?
Jun 03, 2001, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
I read the manual and for my 250S and it says at least ten amps. When I went out to Yahoo Shopping Million Buy had the twelve amp supply for the same price as the ten, so I ordered it. The extra didn't cost me any extra so I'll take it!

Thanks everyone.
Jun 03, 2001, 09:12 AM
Professional Goofball
At least 10 amps??? I run mine of a 6.5 amp lead acid battery all the time and never have ahd a problem. I only charge small 350mAh packs or smaller from it but so far I have never had a problem.

I always like getting extra for nothing

Jeffrey Park

Quick Reply