Apr 22, 2014, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavah
Have you checked Youtube? I seem to recall a number of EDF versions, but not many that are cartoon style with EDF.
There's lots of bigger kits; and lots of edf a10's - but I have yet to see a cartoon a10 edf
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM
Skylar's People
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCold
So... Has anyone edf's this yet?

I'm seriously pondering this in about an 18" w/s - with a pair of umx habu 28mm fans - maybe shorten the tail up and stretch the nose a wee bit for balance...
That would be cool! Maybe just move the wing back instead of changing the nose & tail. Balance is definitely a big issue with the little "toonies".
Apr 28, 2014, 12:32 PM
I'm right now working on the tweaked design - pulling nacelles forward and overlapping the wing - tight so they meet on top of the fuse... Which looks awesome with the warthog grin

Biggest issue right now is power... Was planning a pair of umx habu or umx f86 28-35mm but the 50s would fill the hole nicer... But throws all weight to hell with huge batteries... Hunting for a way to use 50mms with a smaller motor at lower amp draw/thrust output to make it work...
May 01, 2014, 09:45 PM
My plans are in my blog
Thread OP
Andy... I'd like to see what you come up with. Share pics if you can. Thanks.
May 02, 2014, 08:33 AM
Will do when I get a chance - just got up to camp in the oilsands (work not summer) - hoping to get a chance to play with the design - but 16+ hour days trying to get some work done and safety orientations thus far...
May 15, 2014, 06:24 PM
Well back from up north - 2 weeks in the oilsands... Found a pair of KMP 50mm 5 blade fans in the old stock bin at a LHS - gonna have to see what I can dig up for motors - and see if I can keep it 2s as planned... But build starts this weekend!

Me and sketchup agreed not to get along on this model, so I'm gonna wing it like we did 20years ago kfm2? I think so...
Feb 23, 2020, 08:56 PM

built one at 200%

Did the standard size as a prototype and flew for several months. recently finished a larger version.

a10 cartoon maiden (6 min 25 sec)

Quick Reply