Mar 29, 2008, 11:14 PM
Semper Fidelis
Sorry, no pics today. Wind didn't start blowing until 5:45pm. There was zilch, and I mean... zilch before that. Great funjet weather though. Wind did top off at about 20-25mph. Good flying for about an hour. Flew the Trinity, Destiny, and Leg 48" Spitfire. We also maidened a slope specific Multiplex Twinjet, it did pretty good.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2008, 11:47 PM
text
Last edited by DT56; Apr 01, 2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Text
Mar 30, 2008, 01:39 AM
Windependent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56
I fly a TwinJet "slope on a rope" and from a high start. Very surprised at how well it flys.

always a funjet when no wind..these guys fly into the clouds,good stuff
...5:45 until the wind came up..ouch, ihope somethings gonna happen earlier sunday..signing out,posting forecast in the am...
ps ..the onbaord video is from a funjet..will get the onboard camvideo link fixed..
Mar 30, 2008, 09:50 AM
Semper Fidelis

onboard video

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839508
Mar 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
Windependent
Thread OP

ALERT...its 11:22am and already blowing SSW14

thats works at little mtn...i'll be there by 1..Nascar at Martinsville right now,i gotta get my fix....heres the link to the weather at the golf course directly at the bottom of the hill

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...arynav_results

the sun is poking through,and nice clouds for the backdrop,good video day
see you there...
Mar 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
Windependent
Thread OP
15 on the groud gusting to 20 per the golf course.thats 20-25 on top..loading the truck having lunch on the way and calling the guys...be there at 1
Mar 30, 2008, 11:37 PM
Windependent
Thread OP

Sundays News

arrived at 1 pm as planned,no sun poking through.1st measured the wind at 1pm @ W24mph and 55 degrees...burrrr..had to bust outhe scarf and beanie,anyways i flew the usual suspects,jag,stryker,patriot..good times i tell ya..kevin was there and he has a wing(some hawaiin combat thing,very delta like),he has a gyro,piezo,and a modem type thing,his transmitter has a computer ribbon in the crystal location and the thing runs on 2.4..hes trying to train it to fly anotomically,but on the slope...kinda over my head but very interesting and im looking forward to seeing his progress...then Paige shows up,FUTURE SLOPE DESIGNS, he had a new plane to maiden,,the SURACI,i think it was 48 inch with a low wing,EPP, with balsa feathers,very cool looking plane...well he threw it out there and with little effort it went right on up..he said "i'll cruise it around for 5 min.before i get fancy,1 min. later came the first rool the an outside loop with ease!i was very impressed,then he said "wanna check it out?" you bet i told him..some down trim clicks and it was gas is on time for me..WOW! i was really enjoy this..snappy rolls,outside loops,in your face right on face of the slope acrobatics.it flew like it was very light..it was 33 oz. i think he said..its designed to be a 4d sloper, i told him i would definetely buy one...if you can tell it what you want done it'll do it...cant wait for the production line to get fired up..this one was the 1.5 version protoype..THANKS PAIGE..what a kick in the pants to fly

jon,al,and chris also showed up..i got a chance to fly al's 99inch home brew jw style plank...boy the faster it goes the better,,each turn gains more energy and LIFT,big time..i was scared to roll it being that big of span but when i did,i couldn't stop

jon also buzzed his funjet with the onboard camera..at one point he tried to enter the cloud base(he and al has before)but today the base was very high,but that didnt stop him from turning that funjet into the size of a ??well see this letter...>>>>> O ... like the size of that "O"..with the camera rolling, then he headed into a dive for the hill where we stand....i cant wait for him to edit the film and post it here...keep whatching for it later in the next few days..
jon also flew his destiny!!!!DANG the pumps he was achieving,the altitude,the speed....gosh i gotta get one..video of that tommorow..

at the end of the day,al,jon,chris and i had a foamy combat session,,,its been so long since we've played combat(straight out for blood that is),usually we play for tight flying and the acciddental taps,but today was different and it was fun i had forgotten about..cause i dont like to purposely beat my plane up,you know what i mean?
signing out for now..Dave
Apr 01, 2008, 12:13 AM
Because Size Does Matter

Twin Jet Sloper Maiden at Little Mountain

Twin Jet Sloper! at Little Mountain (3 min 11 sec)

Try It! You'll Like It!
Apr 01, 2008, 03:40 AM
Long to be flyin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfTech

Try It! You'll Like It!

Great Video, what equipment did you use?
Apr 01, 2008, 08:31 AM
Windependent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfTech

is that the motorless twin jet?..and the video is cool..where's the rock music...LOL ..
Apr 01, 2008, 08:54 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Looks like the Twin Jet flies pretty good on the slope, yeah? Got any video of it flying from the 3rd person perspective? I picked up two of them while they were being phased out; I may just build one for the slope and leave the other one electric. I wish I purchased more as they were going for $39.95.

Doubletap
Apr 01, 2008, 09:50 AM
Because Size Does Matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonsoarer
Great Video, what equipment did you use?
The camera we used was one of the fly cams with some modification to make it focus somewhat faster and much clearer. I will try to shoot some video from the ground next time we go flying. Thanks for the reply Regards, Allan
Last edited by PerfTech; Apr 01, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
Apr 01, 2008, 10:25 AM
Because Size Does Matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot
is that the motorless twin jet?..and the video is cool..where's the rock music...LOL ..
Yes! Thats it! And I have decided to give you guys a small music appreciation course over the next few weeks in an attempt to inject some culture in your lives. Just sit back and enjoy!!!!
Apr 01, 2008, 05:15 PM
Windependent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Looks like the Twin Jet flies pretty good on the slope, yeah? Got any video of it flying from the 3rd person perspective? I picked up two of them while they were being phased out; I may just build one for the slope and leave the other one electric. I wish I purchased more as they were going for $39.95.

Doubletap
$40bucks!!!...NICE SCORE..i would build one slope too..perftechs sloper version really grooved around nicely..
Apr 01, 2008, 07:59 PM
Windependent
Thread OP

SUNDAYS great day..JON's DESTINY ripping it up

west wind straight up the face 22-25mph..glass destiny, ballasted up..jon is the pilot....dave shot the video on a kodak easy share cx7330..3.1 megapixels..music..the sounds of the beautiful winds....

Jon's DESTINY ripping up little mtn. (1 min 4 sec)

enjoy......................................

Quick Reply