Jul 29, 2008, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hi!

I just recieved an upgraded firmware from Junsi, and it appears as they finally solved the slow balancing issue.
With the old firmware, I let the charge, which I documented here, run until this morning. The charger still not terminated the charge after 43h
Then I installed the new firmware, connected the same pack again, and the charge was finished in ~30min. Note that I set the balance to "slow" and balance tickle "on". Without that, it would likely have finished even faster.

Yesterday, I spent a beautiful day at the canal, driving my new Airboat. I made a couple 10A charges, until my lead acid battery was drained
Everything worked flawless, and my buddys consider buying such a charger, too

Cheers,

Julian
What firmware upgrade?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2008, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_one
What firmware upgrade?
Hello skypilot,
Sorry to say that we have closed the firmware upgrade now, for there are strange behaviors occured in LKC and bedger-b' chargers after firmware upgrading.Now, their chargers are on the way to us, we will investigate the cause for these strange behavior, after we finish the investigation, we will
re-release the firmware upgrading file.

Best regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 29, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
Jul 29, 2008, 08:40 PM
Oh, my, we've got trouble right here in River City.
Jul 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
junsi,

Does the Chargery charger suffer from these problems or does it use someone elses proprietary code?

I bought two 106b chargers and do not feel comfortable using them. I thought I was buying a product tested and marketed as a good, fast charger with superior power and speed to the CellPro10S. From this thread I have found it can't balance charge in less time no matter what the ratings are.

I feel that if the units have problems that you don't have a repair for YOU should refund my money and the money others have spent on this untested product. YOU should do your testing by giving the chargers to a select group of people and let them do your beta testing and not sell units with QC issues that have not been properly tested. The FMA chargers were beta tested before being sold to the general public to get the big bugs out.

As a consumer it is not my responsability to purchase and install an upgrade adapter to download code, code that does not fix the problems and make the charger what it should have been.

When I saw all the possible charge senarios for the LiPo packs I had a feeling the software was not going to work properly. It looked like you didn't know the right way to get the charger to function.
Last edited by planekrazee; Jul 29, 2008 at 09:34 PM.
Jul 29, 2008, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazee
junsi,

Does the Chargery charger suffer from these problems or does it use someone elses proprietary code?

I bought two 106b chargers and do not feel comfortable using them. I thought I was buying a product tested and marketed as a good, fast charger with superior power and speed to the CellPro10S. From this thread I have found it can't balance charge in less time no matter what the ratings are.

I feel that if the units have problems that you don't have a repair for YOU should refund my money and the money others have spent on this untested product. YOU should do your testing by giving the chargers to a select group of people and let them do your beta testing and not sell units with QC issues that have not been properly tested. The FMA chargers were beta tested before being sold to the general public to get the big bugs out.

As a consumer it is not my responsability to purchase and install an upgrade adapter to download code, code that does not fix the problems and make the charger what it should have been.
Now you've gone and done it.
Jul 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Now you've gone and done it.

The manufacturer should have used thier own money for testing, not mine. I don't like throwing away money.
Jul 29, 2008, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazee
junsi,

When I saw all the possible charge senarios for the LiPo packs I had a feeling the software was not going to work properly. It looked like you didn't know the right way to get the charger to function.
Hello planekrazee,
We can fully understand your mood.
To some extent you are right.We admit that there are some bugs with our current chargers. Actually, before releasing the 1010B and 106B, the two products have experienced a lot of beta tests in our country, which almost took a year to finish these beta tests. After we put our products into international market, we receive a lot of kindest suggestions for improving our products; we try our best to implement these features needed for our end users to our chargers. And the current two chargers version 3.06 are far different from the original ones, we have to admit that we didn’t thought that new features implement would bring such troublesome bugs. Now, we are focus on optimizing these features in our chargers and are responsible for making our products reliable.
As for your two chargers, please contact your supplier as soon as possible. If you still have problems regarding our products, feel free to contact us!

Best regards,
Junsi
Jul 30, 2008, 04:39 AM

Just to make sure that the horse is really dead...

Tested the two balancing methods using Hyperion charger and balancer (modified so that balancing can be turned off manually). An old 1800 (used to be) 3S Lipo was charged and balanced prior to the test. Discharges was done using 12V bulbs down to 3.0V on lowest cell. The pictures should speak for them selves. Differences in charging time/mAh put back was smaller than I expected:
65:18/1439 mAh vs 63:28/1379 mAh.
No need to balance the whole time though .

Fred
Jul 30, 2008, 05:08 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Good test.
You can see also that the third cell gets even higher than the other two in the end, when balancing the hole time.
So the balancer has too bleed more current away:
first in the beginning and the in the end.

I also often ascertained that balancing from the beginning is not necessary, because the imbalance is getting smaller in the end.
Jul 30, 2008, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
After we put our products into international market, we receive a lot of kindest suggestions for improving our products; we try our best to implement these features needed for our end users to our chargers. And the current two chargers version 3.06 are far different from the original ones, we have to admit that we didn’t thought that new features implement would bring such troublesome bugs.
As a software developer, I know that implementing new functionality can lead to unexpected problems. Even fixing a bug often creates new ones . Looking back, what you probably should have done was to collect all the suggestions, implemented them and run a new round of beta testing before releasing it to the wolves.
Hope you get the problems fixed soon .

Fred
Jul 30, 2008, 07:55 AM
Fred, it appears to be a hardware thing, too.

Most consumers have as a basic assumption that a product is reasonably tested in all aspects before marketing. (This is not just my opinion, but that of the commentators, too.)

And, that is also the basic assumption underlying products liability: the burden is on the manufacturer to conduct all testing, etc. before distribution since it has the superior ability to do so.

Like it or not, that's the way it is in most markets.
Last edited by Sisyphus; Jul 30, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
Jul 30, 2008, 08:18 AM
junsi,

Jul 30, 2008, 01:03 PM
Badger

VERY long balance times

Seems I am also suffering with extremely long balance charge times - as reported by others. 8S A123s with 2 x 4 point balance plugs , correctly wired and plugged in. At start the pack shows
1@ 3.58 2@ 3.54 3@ 3.60
4@ 3.56 5@ 3.56 6@ 3.56
7@ 3.47 8@ 3.60

Disabled timeout limits and set up a 4.6A balance charge, with balance on CV stage setting.

Some 3 hrs and 11 minutes later I get.....
1@ 3.55 2@ 3.53 3 @ 3.51
4@ 3.40 5@ 3.40 6@ 3.55
7@ 3.59 8@ 3.60

Version 3.06 as before ( charger is being returned to junsi when my replacement arrives ) but wondered what the fix was for this particiualr issue
Jul 30, 2008, 01:31 PM
iCharger 106B user
hm.. i waiting for mine devices with 3.06
hope it will be fixed soon
Jul 30, 2008, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
Seems I am also suffering with extremely long balance charge times ....
but wondered what the fix was for this particiualr issue
I think Julez reported this as solved by Junsi in the upcoming update (v3.07 ?). Julez go to test this before general availability as I understood his post #1396.

Trickle off, and fast balance charge seem to be the workaround.

T

Quick Reply