Jul 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
Badger

video evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
I have only done one such cycle - but effectively this means it has happened 100% of the time
I shall attempt to replicate the "fault" again later today - and post pictures and other data. It is quite a straightforward situation EG:
After the charger has switched from discharge phase to charge phase, and the battery has accepted a full charge ( a 1700 pack took 1718 ma ) the pack was disconnected yet the charger did not signal "connection error "or anything, and the output voltage on the display continued rising to 28V+.
OK managed to replicate the behaviour I mentioned a few posts back Junsi - I have a short video of the scene - not sure if I can embed it direct on this forum...so there is a link here also to the piece on U Tube.THIS VIDEO HAS SERVED ITS PURPOSE AND IS NOW DELETED.
I also tried a straightforward 1C charge with a PB 12Volt battery, an 8S LiFePO4, a 4S 3200 Lipo and a 6s LiPo pack...same result on all of them except that when disconnected, the screen showed "done " and the voltage out climbed to around 24V. It also begs the question why have a screen display that says "connection breakdown"? - when exactly is this message supposed to be activated ?
I would have expected it in exactly these cases
Last edited by badger-b; Jul 30, 2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: video now removed
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
I can't view your video, blocked at work, but I think my charger exhibits the same characteristics. If you disconnect the main leads during charging, there is no connection error, just a rising voltage indication. I have always just pulled the balance plug to initiate the connection error. Haven't tried to see if it does it in another mode besides balance mode.
I put my upgrader kit together last night. Got all frustrated asI had some Device not found errors. I let it go, because it was getting late (12:30pm). I took some pics and reviewed them today, I realised I was plugging the adaptor in backwards. Stupid late night mistake.. I will be re-trying it maybe tonight if timing permits.

Luke
Jul 22, 2008, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian
I've seen in the manual that the max. charging voltage of lead acid batteries is 2.45 V/cell.
Now I would like to know at which voltage the charger stops in practice.
I have not charged a Pb so cannot say for sure. However the charger has proven to be accurate and perform as per the specifications for LiXx and NiXx so it is likely it will do the same for Pb. Why don't you test it and let us all know
Jul 22, 2008, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
OK managed to replicate the behaviour I mentioned a few posts back Junsi - I have a short video of the scene - not sure if I can embed it direct on this forum...so there is a link here also to the piece on U Tube.
I also tried a straightforward 1C charge with a PB 12Volt battery, an 8S LiFePO4, a 4S 3200 Lipo and a 6s LiPo pack...same result on all of them except that when disconnected, the screen showed "done " and the voltage out climbed to around 24V.
U TUBE
it also begs the question why have a screen display that says "connection breakdown"? - when exactly is this message supposed to be activated ?
I would have expected it in exactly these cases
Hello,
Sorry to say that we can open your video , how about send it directly into my Email box:harrif111@hotmail.com. We will take this problem seriously and will give you a answer as soon as possible.
"connection breakdown" will be triggered if the charger detects that the input current falls to zero.

Best regards,
Junsi
Jul 22, 2008, 10:05 PM
Junsi,

Try this link to see badger-b's video:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2XaK3nq3g
Jul 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
My Wishlist

Dataloging via USB/SD Card
Bidirectional PC Communication for charging parameters/monitoring
Bigger discharge power (~75w maybe)
Higher motor driver Voltage (~35v)
Detachable input cable (no dangling cable outside)
Larger LCD Display (like in Tahmazo T30)
Battery resistance measurement(is this possible with 106b/1010b?)
300w Charging power.

I'll definately wait for Junsi next charger
Hello rizky_p,
Thanks for your Wishlist !
1)Dataloging via USB/SD Card
We plan to develop the next charger which support dataloging via USB .
2)Bidirectional PC Communication for charging parameters/monitoring
We will take this into consideration, now, we are study the "Logview" to see whether its suitable for our charger .
3)Bigger discharge power (~75w maybe)
When we expand the discharge power to 75W, then the charger will become very hot during discharge, then it’s necessary to mount an external electrical load, such as a electrical resistance wire or a bulb, to eliminate heat.
4) Detachable input cable (no dangling cable outside)
Ok!
5) Larger LCD Display (like in Tahmazo T30)
We will take it into consideration.
6) Battery resistance measurement(is this possible with 106b/1010b?)
We will test in our factory, and give you a answer after we finish the test!
7) 300w Charging power.
We will expand our next charger’s maximum power to 300W.
Thank you very much! We do appreciate your wish list!

Best regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Jul 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurcooL
Junsi,

Try this link to see badger-b's video:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2XaK3nq3g
Great thanks!
I will do it now!
It works now!Thanks again!

Best regards,
junsi
Jul 22, 2008, 10:30 PM
Another wish list item:

* Change the balance connector socket from JST-XH to PQ/Hyp style
Jul 23, 2008, 12:55 AM
Thread OP

Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeagle,
Software-Wish, maybe even for 106B/1010B:

Info on balancing after charge. Not only show Voltage after charge, but show capacity charged into each cell.
Hello Smeagle,
It’s a good idea. Sorry to say that the balancer we currently used for 106B/1010B can’t give accurate discharged capacity for each cell, so it’s difficult to show each cell’s charged capacity . We will take this into consideration for our later chargers!

Best regards,
Junsi
Jul 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Another wish list item:

Hello Kgfly,
Thanks for your wish list.
We will take this into consideration .

Regards,
Junsi
Jul 23, 2008, 01:12 AM
Quote:
I think this was posted before, but (for the 1010B) why not simply have additional breakoutboards available with the "other" balancer connectors? Same could probably be done for the 106B, where you could plug one of those boards into the 6S socket on the side wall?

T
Jul 23, 2008, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
I think this was posted before, but (for the 1010B) why not simply have additional breakoutboards available with the "other" balancer connectors? Same could probably be done for the 106B, where you could plug one of those boards into the 6S socket on the side wall?

T
I think you are missing the point. This is nothing to do with the plugs on the batteries. It has to do with the insertion/removal forces of an 11-pin JST-XH connector and the minimal plug body that remains exposed.

It is very difficult to remove the cable that connects the adapter board to the charger from either the charger or the adapter board. Since I transport my charger I often have to remove that cable and I have to use tools to do it in order to prevent placing undue strain on the wires/pins.

The Hyp/PQ style connector has lower insertion/removal force by design since it has a retaining clip to ensure the cable does not fall out of the connector (which is why JST-XH are so tight). The plug body is deeper and provides enough meat to grasp in your fingers so that you don't pull on the wires. JST-XH were never really intended for multiple insertion/removal cycles and are not well suited to that role. The small pin-count connectors are less of an issue since the forces are smaller. As the pin-count goes up the problem gets worse and worse. The Hyp/PQ connector is a superior design for this kind of application.

It requires a minor PCB design change and an alteration to the cutout in the end plate. You will find most other good quality chargers use this style of connector for this purpose.

BTW - Additional adapter boards for Hyp/PQ and TP/FP for both 106B and 1010B are available from www.eheli.com.au
Jul 23, 2008, 02:12 AM
Badger
Yes I agree with that suggestion - the JST-XH are very difficult to remove - I sometimes resort to shaving the little barbs off the plug which is not ideal of course!
Jul 23, 2008, 02:58 AM
@kgfly:
That makes it another story There wasn't any hint of that in your post (#1343), so I mistakenly took it for yet another "it doesn't have my connector"-post. Sorry about that.

I agree that the JST-XH are hard grip, so a larger connector would be nice. I often resolve to pulling on the leads too. That said, I haven't had one break on me yet. Easy does it
I don't have a preference either way - so PQ or TP are fine with me. Often need additional pigtails for my batteries anyway.

Thomas
Jul 23, 2008, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Another wish list item:

oh no, all of my packs are JST-XH

Quick Reply