Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
TheWoodCrafter is offline
Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
RC Helicopter Pilot
TheWoodCrafter's Avatar
EP Buddy has combo deals but Progressive is usually a little cheaper.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...6405ettt064qr2
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
mrforsyth is online now
Find More Posts by mrforsyth
Registered User
There's no doubt that you'll be happy with your 206B and the service you'll receive from David.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:16 AM
flarssen is offline
Find More Posts by flarssen
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
the polarity reversal protection function will fail to work if you first plug the reversed batteries then power on the charger, but the protection still works if you had powered on the charger then plug the batteries with reversed polarity.
Thanks for the warning. What if balance port is connected first (like recommended) and the battery positive is plugged into the negative output of the charger. Would that be OK?

Fred
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Junsi, wow...you're also protecting against reverse battery with no power. I like that you own the issue, too. I wish more engineers were like that.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:12 AM
junsi is online now
Find More Posts by junsi
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Thanks for the warning. What if balance port is connected first (like recommended) and the battery positive is plugged into the negative output of the charger. Would that be OK?

Fred
No, it will damage when power on after plugging the batteries of reversal polarity into the output, not related with the balance port.

Junsi
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
dea90 is offline
Find More Posts by dea90
Registered User
dea90's Avatar
Correction: my friend, the owner of the charger and the one who did the damage, to me told a lie. He plug the lipo in the right direction on the charger while the charger was connected reversed on power supply. I apologize for reporting the wrong version of the facts.
since he has said a lie to me making me cut a poor figure with all of you my friend will buy a new one, I'll keep this for me i hope to repair it with 5 and 10 minutes of work
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:32 AM
grimbeaver is offline
Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodCrafter View Post
EP Buddy has combo deals but Progressive is usually a little cheaper.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...6405ettt064qr2
I've always found it varies based on what you're buying. If you want a 306b or a 310b the free paraboard from EPBuddy makes them cheaper in the end then Progressive.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
Great_Goose is offline
Find More Posts by Great_Goose
An aspirational fast jet pilot
Great_Goose's Avatar
EP Buddy were out of stock of the combo so I went with Progressive, I ordered the XT60 parallel charging board as well. Once I get it then I can start paralleling charging my batteries, are any tips or tricks a first time parallel charger needs to be aware of?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:41 AM
galaxy1 is offline
Find More Posts by galaxy1
Registered User
galaxy1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy1 View Post
X junsi

new battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...alog/25025.jpg


Shot at 2012-07-05

probably will work well with photocameras

upgrade firmware for this new battery, is required!


upp
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dea90 View Post
Correction: my friend, the owner of the charger and the one who did the damage, to me told a lie. He plug the lipo in the right direction on the charger while the charger was connected reversed on power supply. I apologize for reporting the wrong version of the facts.
since he has said a lie to me making me cut a poor figure with all of you my friend will buy a new one, I'll keep this for me i hope to repair it with 5 and 10 minutes of work
Lot of that going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea90 View Post
Hello, I have an iCharger 3010b and I accidentally plugged the lipo reversed and I started charging. The cb has smoked even though in theory there is protection against polarity reversal, the component went up in smoke you can see it here

is a mosfet of the international rectifier, this https://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect/...D=IRFB3306GPBF.
question for Junsi: why the polarity protection did not work?
Thanks to all for your responses
Matteo

ps. i bought it from hobbyking
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:45 AM
Mach3 is offline
Find More Posts by Mach3
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I've always found it varies based on what you're buying. If you want a 306b or a 310b the free paraboard from EPBuddy makes them cheaper in the end then Progressive.
But Progressive will normally match any other authorized dealer deals
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:18 PM
Ohio AV8TOR is online now
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
When I discharge with my 106 regardless if I have regenerative discharge on or off I only can discharge around 1.1-1.2A. Regen off is when I am on my power supply and regen on is when it is connected to my car. I have tried setting the initial discharge set rate in many settings between 4 and 10 amps. Might there be a parameter setting I am missing? I did change the W from 15 to 20 but that just increased it a little to 1.6 but with it on the PS but is that also a limit for regen dsg to?
Last edited by Ohio AV8TOR; Jul 14, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
specs. listed in the first post of this thread. 106 has max. discharge of 20 watts however it does seem a bit strange if this is a;so the Regen max .

You are aware that during Regen. that Dsc. will be limited if the Pb is fully or close to fully charged? Charger will reduce the charge into the Pb to protect it from overcharging / damage. That is one of the limiting parts of Regen. Often it is necessary to put a load such as lights on the Pb to reduce its' voltage so charger can dump more junice into it.
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 14, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:17 PM
Ohio AV8TOR is online now
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
specs. listed in the first post of this thread. 106 has max. discharge of 20 watts however it does seem a bit strange if this is a;so the Regen max .

You are aware that during Regen. that Dsc. will be limited if the Pb is fully or close to fully charged? Charger will reduce the charge into the Pb to protect it from overcharging / damage. That is one of the limiting parts of Regen. Often it is necessary to put a load such as lights on the Pb to reduce its' voltage so charger can dump more junice into it.
Thanks Charles as it was my car battery and it was most likely fully charged that was probably it.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:13 AM
SERVEUR is offline
Find More Posts by SERVEUR
Registered User

Icharger copy ?


Hi all i have 2 request to junsi ...
i have see a new icharger today :
Voltz 6250

it looks like the 106b+

Junsi whats is that ?


and segond :
the icharger have a limit on the regen discharge : 10Amps regen or 7Amps discharge
i think its a mistake because the charger doesnt get heat on regen discharge

* i think it can accept easily 20Amps on a regen discharge output
* max discharge current will be 10Amps /!\ only on regen discharge /!\
* autaumatic limit (in wats ) is alrady set if charger start discharging internaly

i prefer to delete the external discharge because if we have a big lith bulb...
the charger take 150W before the lamp is warming !!! (5 sec for me)
i use an short circuit switch to "warm my lamp" before starting icharger external discharge

all ist quite ok i wait the 3.15 version Thanks


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best charger/discharger $ can buy namancio Batteries and Chargers 30 Jan 31, 2010 03:52 PM
Power Pacer Battery charger/discharger ACE_McCOOL Batteries and Chargers 4 Oct 22, 2002 01:39 PM
NIB Hitec CG-325 Charger/Discharger/Cycler for 4-9 cells - $39! Jason M Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 03, 2002 04:29 AM
WTB Good charger/discharger 10 + cells WickedFunRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2002 09:55 PM