May 05, 2012, 11:51 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
I received my order from epbuddy yesterday. Got a chance to use it today. Not pushing it to its limits, but it is doing its job. epbuddy was also able to pack my entire order very efficiently into a priority mail box, which probably saved some money.

Thanks guys for a problem free transaction. The best customer service is not needing to call.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck
When I power the supply on it seems to move but never spins. Discharging a 3s 2200 battery didn't turn it on either.

Currently I'm parallel charging 6 batteries and no fan. (in my hot garage.)

I guess I need a replacment. Do we know what temp in turns on?
There are 3 modes On, Off, Auto. Check that it is not set to Off. I think it only comes on when discharging aswell
May 06, 2012, 05:53 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)

New double output charger

Hi Junsi,

a little bird told me that your new double output charger with some exciting features is almost ready for delivery!
I bet a lot of people here can't wait for more details from you.

Cheers,

Julez
May 06, 2012, 06:24 AM
Maggie is in charge
You have got my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hi Junsi,

a little bird told me that your new double output charger with some exciting features is almost ready for delivery!
I bet a lot of people here can't wait for more details from you.

Cheers,

Julez
May 06, 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
4010 DUO
Like a nintendo console
May 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
I know, but I don't want to steal Junsi the show.
May 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
That's a funny word
306B questions:

When bal trickle is on does it ignore the bal speed setting?
Can balance without starting a function? How
Does pre-charge happen by a low cell or just a low voltage total? or both? Perhaps it depends on the connection order?
May 06, 2012, 12:57 PM
That's a funny word
Motor,foam cut questions:

Can Voltage and/or current be adjusted "on the fly"

ps. Misprint in manual pg 23 should probably read "brushless motors do not require"
May 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Discussed last month and interest was lackluster at best: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1626690

Let's hope there's a single output 406B or 4010B in development that will sell at a competitive price.

Mark
May 06, 2012, 07:30 PM
I tried to update the firmware, but now it keeps saying "Test RC...Ni ERR".

And it won't let me update, though the upgrader.exe still sees the device.

I am using the cable that came with the 3010B. It looks like I selected the wrong .bin, because it the display on the charger says "106B+" when it first powers on.

Now, why would the firmware updater allow the user to program the wrong .bin without any authentication from the hardware that the bin is compatible?
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; May 06, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
May 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
Southern Pride
Quote:
Now, why would the firmware updater allow the user to program the wrong .bin without any authentication from the hardware that the bin is compatible?
This has been a known issue (problem) for years now. One must be extremly careful to insure hey are donloading the Fireware for thier model charger and not one of the many others in the series.

See post #1 for New FAQ I seem to remember it requires the removal of a componet.

Snip

Quote:
18. How to solve the problem of wrong upgrading, for example, upgrade 208B to 106B and then the charger doesn’t work any longer?
Please open the metal box of the charger to find Q22 and Q 24 and then remove them. Press STOP and electrify the charger to upgrade back to 208B. After upgrading, please solder Q22 and Q24 back to the PCB board.

Charles
May 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks Charles. I just called the factory, they are sending me some photos. As an aside, known issues don't help new users.

In any event, it is nice that the factory took my phone call, and are sending photos.

P.S. My perspective is guided by my having written firmware and firmware update authentication in an embedded system in the past. I forget that not everybody thinks like me.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; May 06, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
May 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
I just got an email. For the 3010B, this is what they said:

Quote:
Our engineer has figured out this problem.

Please open the casing of the charger, find out two components Q11 and Q13, which located on the back of the place of buttons. First remove Q11 and Q13, then upgrade to the firmware version of 3010B, after upgrading successfully, re-solder the Q11 and Q13.

Any other questions, please feel free to contact us.
WIll go try now.

I am very impressed with the service. (But I have a wife who speaks chinese and has a chinese calling card...but amazing...to be able to call on a Sunday night, and for them to have their engineers work on a solution so quick...)
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; May 06, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
May 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k
I just got an email. For the 3010B, this is what they said:
Quote:
Our engineer has figured out this problem.

Please open the casing of the charger, find out two components Q11 and Q13, which located on the back of the place of buttons. First remove Q11 and Q13, then upgrade to the firmware version of 3010B, after upgrading successfully, re-solder the Q11 and Q13.

Any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

WIll go try now.

I am very impressed with the service. (But I have a wife who speaks chinese and has a chinese calling card...but amazing...to be able to call on a Sunday night, and for them to have their engineers work on a solution so quick...)
It works. Thanks to jun-si and icharger for the support. (If you want some technical help on how to do firmware update authentication, let me know).

In order to do this, I recommend:

1. Solder wick.
2. Fine solder iron for SMT. The transitors are SOT-23s. Two fine soldering irons are even better. An electronics technician will probably prefer a specialized soldering iron/hot tweezers for removing ICs, or hot air.
3. A magnifying glass or microscope if you have trouble seeing small parts.
4. Fine solder.
5. Alcohol to clean up any flux.
6. Heatsink grease
7. Paper towels (to wipe up the heat sink grease that you'll probably get on your hands.)

Note that the transistors are on the bottom of the card, they are not adjacent, but they are marked on the PCB's silkscreen. Use the solder wick to remove the transistors. I couldn't read the silk screen on the transistors, so I don't know if the two transistors are interchangable, so be careful to remember which transistor is which, unless you can verify they are both the same MPN via silkscreen.

The best person to do this would be an electronics technician who does rework. Or, if you know of an engineer who knows how to solder. But in general, technicians would do a better job.
May 06, 2012, 11:29 PM
Nice description of the rework process and glad to know that all is well again with your charger!

Curiously, what firmware did your charger ship with? It was my impression that all new chargers shipped with latest firmware so there should be no need to update upon receipt.

Regards,
Mark

Quick Reply