Jan 29, 2010, 01:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy1 View Post
what version firmware is it?
is already out?
Hello Sir,

The latest firmware 3.12b, we have changed in the first page of this thread.

Regards,
Junsi
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2010, 03:56 AM
E-Revo BLDC driver
What is new or repaired in 3.12b?
Jan 29, 2010, 04:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejny View Post
You can see details in #5860. The clock is ahead.

The latest 3.12b revises this bug.

Regards,
Junsi
Jan 29, 2010, 04:44 AM
iCharger 106B user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejny View Post
or check that first page
http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/Re...s-iCharger.txt
Jan 29, 2010, 05:11 AM
Asks too many questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
There are different views about whether balancing "always", "storage" or "CV only" is best. My own is that balancing prior to the CV phase is a waste of time and arguably unecessarily wearing the cells with micro-cycling, but others disagree. Do whichever works best for you and your packs.
Why would it wear the cells, surely even when balancing in the CC phase of the charge, the cell's voltage is rising all the time? The extra load imposed by the balancer can't overcome the effect of the charge current, so presumably the cell with the highest voltage simply charges a little slower than the cells lagging behind?

I'd be interested in other opinions on this as until now I've left my chargers on the default setting (balance in CV phase), but am wondering about using the storage setting, which commences balancing once the cell voltage is above the storage voltage.
Jan 29, 2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun View Post
doesn't seem like a comprehensive change log - only has 3.12 (not a, b, etc)
Jan 29, 2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Sir,

The latest firmware 3.12b, we have changed in the first page of this thread.

Regards,
Junsi
ok
now is perfect

great
Jan 29, 2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
You can see details in #5860. The clock is ahead.

The latest 3.12b revises this bug.

Regards,
Junsi
Junsi - besides the clock issue, were any other changes made at all?
Jan 29, 2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstatica View Post
obviously your watch is broken so the charger must be correct... See the crack in the screen? .
Jan 29, 2010, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by galaxy1
I have 4 chargers + 2 wattmeter
all are correct

only icharger is incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle View Post
Sorry, I can't believe this.

- Oliver
Jan 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
Junsi,

firstly let me compliment you on both your products and your great approach by actually speaking with your customers online and dealing with any issues that arise.

I have a couple of querstions for you as I want to use both you cell log 8S and icharger for bench testing series packs of cells. I have 2 of the cell log 8s and 1 icharger 208B. They are nice units.

1. i know it is not possible to run more than 2 cell log 8S on a bigger pack and connect them to a PC at the same time for live logging. Is there any possible way to overcome this point? Either externally or internally to the unit?
2. Is it ok to monitor several 8S indepependent packs (not tied together into a bigger series pack) with several cell log 8S on the same PC. I feel this is no problem as each pack should be floating, but please confirm.
3. I think I have damaged an Icharger 208B USB port by accidently connecting it to my PC whilst also connected to a 16S pack that was being monitored by a cell log 8S. Now whenever I try to connect the Icharger it shows unrecognised device on my PC. Can this be repaired?
4. Does using the monitor function on the Icharger prevent the USB problem with multiple devices connected to a bigger series pack or is the balance port also referenced to ground?

I will have to visit you office sometime soon. I'm based in Shanghai and involved in the EV business. I'm interested in possibly retailing some of your products and maybe getting a custom design on the Cell Log 8S for the EV market.

Thanks
Paul
Jan 30, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Junsi,

you really should try to make your modified USB cables in some way distinguishable from a standard USB cable. This really is a problem waiting to happen and probably contributed to me damaging my Icharger. Can you please detail the difference on your lead so that I can confirm which USB lead I should be using.

Thanks
Paul
Jan 30, 2010, 09:54 AM
Southern Pride
Take a meter (DVM) set it to Ohms , check continuity from shield to shield (exposed metal ends). The one for the iChargers will show an open circuite.

Place a lable on it, put a piece of heat shrink on it and mark the iCharger with pait(matching color) where it connects. Keep the iCharger USB cable in an icharger box, there must be 100 ways to do thisd but yes they should have a label attached from the factory as should all others which are not completely stanadard.

Charles
Jan 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks Charles,

you don't happen to know what gets damaged in such circumstances do you? I did read it on here somewhere but I've looked again and cannot find it anywhere. It was something about a 1ohm resistor I think.

Thanks
Paul
Jan 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell_man View Post
Thanks Charles,

you don't happen to know what gets damaged in such circumstances do you? I did read it on here somewhere but I've looked again and cannot find it anywhere. It was something about a 1ohm resistor I think.

Thanks
Paul
There is a one ohm resistor on the iCharger that can get destroyed if there is a difference of potential between the common/ground on the PC and the iCharger unit. it is located real close to the USB connector jack on the iCharger unit.

PC's or laptops may or may not have a small value resistor for this purpose on them. The USB logic circuitry is built into a large multi-purpose integrated circuit chip on the main logic board. So if a voltage difference happens it could blow out the IC on the MLB causing the PC to quit working. Some PC's may have a tiny fuse, but it is more common for it to be a low value resistor. Some more expensive PC's put in special circuitry to prevent this ground difference from being a problem They may isolate the chassis ground to prevent it by using optocoupler devices to protect the PC. The resistor could be from 1 ohm to 10 ohms as used for this purpose. Resistors are a lot cheaper than fuses. So you will likely see resistors being used as fuses.

Quick Reply