Dec 04, 2009, 04:42 AM
hi i just bought a 1010b+ how did you charge 1300-2100-3300 all at the same time?? i thought the ma had to match
can you show me the correct way to do that (the4-5s balance port is larger than the plug "confused"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Bob, how did you do 2 3S batts in parallel on the 6S port? I regularly (now I have the 208) do parallel charges at the field. I charged up a 1300, a 2100 and a 3300ma 3S packs plugged into the 3S, the 4S and the 5S ports and had the charge current set for about 5.5 amps (less than 1C) all 3 packs are fully charged in about 45 minutes.

Did get a few strange looks from others at the club, followed very closely by a LOT of questions!

I think there may be a few more orders for the 208's to follow....
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2009, 07:14 AM
Spending money helps, right?
When looking at the balance board with the input wires facing away from you, stick a 3S cell in the normal 3S socket on the right of the board. Now stick the next 3S battery into the 4S socket directly above, making sure to keep the negative wire to the right, and the plug all the way to the right of the 4S socket (leaving a gap on the left side). The plug will slip in without any problems, simply pushing the top of the plastic socket aside as the guide pin on the left will not line up. Same for the next battery into the 5S socket directly above.

Then connect all three to a parrallel deans setup from the main charging lead and start your charging. The charge rate for 1S would be the sum of all three batteries, ie in the exmple given, 1300+2100+3300=6700ma, or 6.7 amps. I would generally charge less than this (only because my power supply would choke at this rate), but if you wanted to charge at 2C that would be 13.4 amps.

Parallel charging is much easier as it doesnt matter if the leads get mixed up, and all cells are still balanced perfectly

Heres a pic I did on the HK forums with a 1300 and 2 x 2100's charging at the same time.

Dec 04, 2009, 02:21 PM
that makes it easy thanks you ....warrior
Dec 04, 2009, 02:45 PM

parallel charging 6s... on 106b

Thanks for that picture, that is very useful.

I bought one of the adapters from progressiverc to use with my 106b charger. (looks like the one in the pic above) It says "parallel or series" charging on the site, but there are no instructions with the adapter. There is only one port for 6s on the adapter, so how would I charge 2 x 6s5000 lipos (for trex 600) in parallel, at say 1c? that would be equivalent to a 6s 10000mah battery (right?), would use a parallel adapter for the charging port, but what for the balance side? I would then run it at 10A.

thanks for any info.

Ben
Dec 04, 2009, 04:48 PM
how dose the charger ....charge different ma packs at the same time ??

would it fill the smaller pack before the larger ma pack's
and do the pack have to be discharged equal or close
thay all top off at the same time ??

sorry about the question just trying to learn how this is done ....warrior
Dec 04, 2009, 05:59 PM
This thread is a fantastic primer on parallel charging of lipolys and answers pretty much every conceivable question on the subject.

Mark
Dec 04, 2009, 09:22 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing warrior View Post
how dose the charger ....charge different ma packs at the same time ??

would it fill the smaller pack before the larger ma pack's
and do the pack have to be discharged equal or close
thay all top off at the same time ??

sorry about the question just trying to learn how this is done ....warrior
Looking at it from the charger's perspective, it doesn't see 2 medium packs, 1 small pack. It just sees 1 large pack. Since all the cells are paralleled (ie: connected to the balancer), the voltage goes up the same amount for each cell for all the packs. Therefore the charge progresses equally for all packs.
Dec 05, 2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
We are so sorry to say that "Connection Breakdown" still occurs with some users' charger. Now our engineer is checking and have some modification, and we will inform you if there is any news.

Regards,
Junsi
Junsi

Approaching 3 weeks since since your last post above.
Why have we not heard from you?
Please advise us on your progress to resolving the connection breakdown errors as well as the re-set at start up errors I reported.
Have you received my deffective charger yet?
I shipped it to you 6 weeks ago.
Last edited by rsmheli; Dec 05, 2009 at 02:18 AM.
Dec 05, 2009, 10:00 AM

208B Connection errors?

Hi,
I'm new to this thread and found it due to interest in about to buy a 208B which has some very useful features. However, now reading parts of this big thread, I'm worried that there is a defect inherent in these I-Chargers, which the manufacturer has yet to rectify by either hardware or firmware fix. Most references I've found, seem to be ref. the 1010B or 206(B)? Is the 208B equally at risk please? If so I guess I'll need to delay any purchase until a resolution is implemented.
Dec 05, 2009, 01:46 PM
Skinnydoc

You will have to build your own adapters to parallel balance/charge 2 or more 6s batteries! I have read that you really dont save much time when you get that high of cell count anway but I wouldnt know!

If you can get your hands on 108b or 1010b balance board then you could do 2 6s in parallel!
Last edited by GaFlyer68; Dec 05, 2009 at 01:51 PM.
Dec 05, 2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWINDD
Hi,
I'm new to this thread and found it due to interest in about to buy a 208B which has some very useful features. However, now reading parts of this big thread, I'm worried that there is a defect inherent in these I-Chargers, which the manufacturer has yet to rectify by either hardware or firmware fix. Most references I've found, seem to be ref. the 1010B or 206(B)? Is the 208B equally at risk please? If so I guess I'll need to delay any purchase until a resolution is implemented.
I think you have to weigh the Pro's and Con's. I had a hiccup early on and David at Progressiverc responded quickly. Since then, I have been charging A123 packs at 10 amps every weekend for the past 1.5 years or so on my two 106B+'s.

This charger was born and raised on RCG, so you're going to see the best and worst of what the IChargers have to offer. No product has 100% success rate, so the price, features and performance have to outweigh the smallish potential for a problem. In my case, it was a no brainer.

Also, ask yourself one more question - If they made it "truly bulletproof" and doubled or tripled the price would you still buy it??? I hope not.
Dec 05, 2009, 04:08 PM
Southern Pride
SpeedVision posted WOW (words of wisdom) and I will add that as have posted my 6 month old 208B has had firmware isses but non that required shipping it in for repaire / replacement and mine gets used a lot as in thousands of cycles.

Value? In the beginning HC was selling the first iCharger for approx.50% and some stated that it made the icharge line look cheap so they raised their prices. Then there wer post that HC had made a mistake on the earlier pricing. I do not know what really happened but I gree the iCharger is a great deal as long as it works reliably which most of them do.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Dec 05, 2009 at 04:18 PM.
Dec 05, 2009, 04:14 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
SpeedVision posted WOW (words of wisdom) and I will add that as have posted my 6 month old 208B has had firmware isses but non that required shipping it in for repaire / replacement and mine gets used a lot as in thousands of cycles.

Charles
Charles,
I recall you mentioned a while back that some fancy flash method fixed your Connection Breakdown issues with your 208b, correct? I'm still having CB issues and would like to try that on mine, any info on how to fix?

Thanks,
Kev
Dec 06, 2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
True however my charger is still working as it has since June and has seen a lot more useage than most I would think. I have not had to send it back for repaire / replacement.

I have had issues with other chargers as well which I pointed in in a post not that far back. If you only read some of the post you miss a lot of the complete story.

Those who have purchased thier iChargers through David at Progressive RC . Com have received excellent after the sell support up to and including next day delivery of replace a charger.

Charles
Wish I had purchased from him myself. I had a 208i charger which I purchased from HobbyCity in Sept. Two weeks later I had to send it back. That's the middle of Oct. I JUST recieved confirmation that I am to get a new charger. That's a really long time to be without a charger which I paid a considerable sum of money for.

FYI, my charger got stuck in a loop on the NiMH screen. No matter what I did, nothing would get it out of that screen, including hard resets of the unit.
Reflashing was not possible either.. I hope they find out what caused this and fix it.
Dec 06, 2009, 06:09 PM
Quads Hexa Pixhawk PX4 500 600
This morning, a nice surprise.. DHL delivery from SHENZHEN Junsi Electronic CO LTD.

My 1010B+ is back.. With the same "burned smell" that it had when I sent it. Difference is that it does work!
Latest firmware 3.11c was loaded on arrival, so I'll be giving it plenty of work

Shall keep you posted if anything does not work.

Thank you Junsi for honoring the warranty.

Question for Junsi:
As the 1010B+ is a 250 Watts charger..
If I set the charger on 5A and 10S {P = V * I} or (42 Volts * 5A) = 210 Watts.

Will the charger being able to handle it? (I don't want another "smoke event ")?

Happy charging without smoke...
Last edited by henrik2000; Dec 06, 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply