New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:36 PM
Jevgeniy is offline
Find More Posts by Jevgeniy
Registered User
Jevgeniy's Avatar
If I do not need charging power over 10A, 208B or 1010B+ will be more powerful at 12 volts input while charging 14,8V 8S (2x4S) Lipos ? Or both will be equal ?

And there is 1 balancing board ? Which one is it ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:12 PM
write2dgray is online now
Find More Posts by write2dgray
write2dgray's Avatar
Well, to charge an 8S lipo (33.6V) at 10A will require 336W output. You will only be able to bring in 300W at 12V (12Vx25A) since input current is limited to 25A, so this means approximately 270W output at 12V input (assuming 90% efficiency).

So, short answer, it doesn't matter. Both will put out this 270W of power, your max. charger rate will be 8A (270W/33.6V). They would perform equally in this situation.

Long answer: Although they both would work, I'd recommend going for the 208B if you are doing max. of 8S. It has up to 350W of power on hand (if input voltage is high enough) vs. 300W on the 1010B+ and can go up to 20A should you ever need it.

As far as boards, there are different types for the different balance connection plugs that manufacturer's use. Choose the one(s) you need.

- David
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:19 PM
jollyrogertoo is offline
Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Suspended Account
Removed owing to "trolling" report.
Last edited by jollyrogertoo; Jul 24, 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:21 PM
Jevgeniy is offline
Find More Posts by Jevgeniy
Registered User
Jevgeniy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Well, to charge an 8S lipo (33.6V) at 10A will require 336W output. You will only be able to bring in 300W at 12V (12Vx25A) since input current is limited to 25A, so this means approximately 270W output at 12V input (assuming 90% efficiency).

So, short answer, it doesn't matter. Both will put out this 270W of power, your max. charger rate will be 8A (270W/33.6V). They would perform equally in this situation.

Long answer: Although they both would work, I'd recommend going for the 208B if you are doing max. of 8S. It has up to 350W of power on hand (if input voltage is high enough) vs. 300W on the 1010B+ and can go up to 20A should you ever need it.

As far as boards, there are different types for the different balance connection plugs that manufacturer's use. Choose the one(s) you need.

- David
Thank you for quick and comprehensive reply.

What about balancer - I were trying to ask which balancing board is included with charger HP,TP,EH,XH ?
Just to order everything I will need extra.

Sorry for my english .
Last edited by Jevgeniy; Jul 24, 2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:26 AM
write2dgray is online now
Find More Posts by write2dgray
write2dgray's Avatar
I do not include any default balance board, preferring instead to allow customers to choose whatever board(s) they might need, or none at all if they do not perform balance charging or if they make their own adapters.

And your English is great !

Cheers,
David
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:41 AM
natterjak is offline
Find More Posts by natterjak
Asks too many questions
natterjak's Avatar
This is a request for a firmware enhancement in the next release - now we have the ability to change the charge rate by pressing "start" for 3 secs during a charge, but then the INC or DEC buttons have to pressed once for each 0.1A change in current. ie. we cannot press and hold INC or DEC to quickly change the setting.

Can you please add this so it works the same as press and hold INC or DEC before charging starts. It's really slow to change the current otherwise.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:00 PM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
I agree, in fact in mentioned that about 50 post or so back .

Charles
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
jollyrogertoo is offline
Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Suspended Account
Yes, that would be a fantastic enhancement!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:10 PM
chainring is offline
Find More Posts by chainring
Registered User
And get that "Nixx Rejuvination", or whatever it was called into the firmware. Basically, cycle until there is no further improvement.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 01:55 PM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar

Connection Break Down Try Re Flashing Firmware


Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner rather than latter with mine as it runs almost nonstop. My 208B was working great and then all of a sudden the dreaded

CONNECTION
BREAK DOWN


Checked leads,tried several different batteries , tried non balancing charge ,different memories and even tried charging a NiMH. I even went so far as to use a deep cycle as a power source but no luck at all.

Decided to re flash the firmware and all seems well now. This leads me to believe that perhaps some spikes are perhaps scrambling part of the firmware coding.

Has anyone ever decided if there is a best order to use when connecting / disconnecting?

With some chargers they recommend first connecting the main leads then the balancing leads and after charging disconnect balancing leads then main lead. Some other chargers recommend using the reverse order (balancing leads first).

Any ideas? I am not sure but think I may have connected the LiPoly leads to the charger before connecting charger to the PS, should this mater?

If it acts up again I will reprt back otherwise assume the re flashing fixed it.

Charles
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:01 PM
jollyrogertoo is offline
Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Suspended Account
Yikes!

My Hyperion Duo 2 has his fingers crossed that he will return from the closet.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
RMFISH is offline
Find More Posts by RMFISH
Registered User

Upgrading to 3.1


Hello Junsi,
I am trying to upgrade my 1010+ as suggested by you to me in a previous post. HELP. I can not find any instructions as to how this is done. I have installed the download software onto my computer. What COM port is it expecting to use? Do I download the update file to my computer first and the software loads it from there or do I let the software dowload it from the update site? Are there any instructions on how to actualy perform the updates? Do I have to connect the charger to my power supply during the update? In other words, does the charger need power during the update?
Thank you Junsi.

Everydayflyer, There have been cases, in Canada, where a close by Cell phone, being answered or a call being made, has changed the flash memory on Tranmitters. Whilst this has not been scientificaly proved, it has happened enough times at different club sites that many clubs here are banning the use of cell Phones in the pit area. If your Cell phone is on, you can not enter the Pit area. I am a little concrned about upgrading my 1010+. There seem to have been too many chargers rendered useless after upgrading. I have looked but have not found any useful instructions haw this is supposed to be done in a meaningful manner, the reason for my questions above.
Cheers,
Robert..
Old Jul 25, 2009, 08:06 PM
kgfly is offline
Find More Posts by kgfly
Registered User
Charles - IIRC for the iChargers the recommended connection sequence is main-lead then balance lead, disconnection is balance-lead then main-lead. I am not sure about having the PS connected first and turned on before connecting a battery to be chargerd, but that sounds like a sensible precaution and is how I always operate mine.

rmfish - answering a cellphone in a passing car bricking a Tx sounds like hocus pocus to me. Until someone can show convincing evidence I would believe many other explanations first. There were posts about one particular brand/model of Tx in Europe (possibly Multiplex but I am not sure) that suffered some interference from nearby cellphones but remote corruption of flash memory seems a big stretch!
Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:47 AM
StrykerSpeed is offline
Find More Posts by StrykerSpeed
Electric speed junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner rather than latter with mine as it runs almost nonstop. My 208B was working great and then all of a sudden the dreaded

CONNECTION
BREAK DOWN


Checked leads,tried several different batteries , tried non balancing charge ,different memories and even tried charging a NiMH. I even went so far as to use a deep cycle as a power source but no luck at all.

Decided to re flash the firmware and all seems well now. This leads me to believe that perhaps some spikes are perhaps scrambling part of the firmware coding.

Has anyone ever decided if there is a best order to use when connecting / disconnecting?

With some chargers they recommend first connecting the main leads then the balancing leads and after charging disconnect balancing leads then main lead. Some other chargers recommend using the reverse order (balancing leads first).

Any ideas? I am not sure but think I may have connected the LiPoly leads to the charger before connecting charger to the PS, should this mater?

If it acts up again I will reprt back otherwise assume the re flashing fixed it.

Charles
I'm pretty sure you will be back. I have a pair of 208b's (as you have probably read form my previous posts) and they have been the most incredible hardware I have ever bought. Then a week or so ago I start getting the connection break down error on one then the other the next day. I have reflashed the firmware and it seems fixed for a day or an hour then it is back. I'm pretty sure a firmware update will fix it eventually. I hope soon though as I use these chargers literally every day.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:55 PM
junsi is offline
Find More Posts by junsi
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSpeed
I'm pretty sure you will be back. I have a pair of 208b's (as you have probably read form my previous posts) and they have been the most incredible hardware I have ever bought. Then a week or so ago I start getting the connection break down error on one then the other the next day. I have reflashed the firmware and it seems fixed for a day or an hour then it is back. I'm pretty sure a firmware update will fix it eventually. I hope soon though as I use these chargers literally every day.
Hello Charles and StrykerSpeed,

We are sorry to hear that. Later, we will send you PM, would you pls tell us more details about charging process?

Regards,
Junsi


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best charger/discharger $ can buy namancio Batteries and Chargers 30 Jan 31, 2010 03:52 PM
Power Pacer Battery charger/discharger ACE_McCOOL Batteries and Chargers 4 Oct 22, 2002 01:39 PM
NIB Hitec CG-325 Charger/Discharger/Cycler for 4-9 cells - $39! Jason M Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 03, 2002 04:29 AM
WTB Good charger/discharger 10 + cells WickedFunRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2002 09:55 PM