Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
frt
Find More Posts by frt
frt
Mini-HowTo

broken flybar on walker 4-3

Hi
My new walkera 4#3 (2 days old), crashed and broke the flybar at the inside end ( opposite to the paddle), right before it enters into the main shaft complex.
can I fix that myself or I need to order new bars?
any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2008, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Idle up!
erm.. on a heli this small, that already has some imperfections. I would just buy a new flybar.

If you glue it, the head is gonna have balance problems and it will create vibrations.

I own this lil guy and really like it for indoors. Other than the tail motor croakin pretty fast.. it's a good heli.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by jasonkc25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frt
Hi
My new walkera 4#3 (2 days old), crashed and broke the flybar at the inside end ( opposite to the paddle), right before it enters into the main shaft complex.
can I fix that myself or I need to order new bars?
any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You can always replace the CF flybar with 1mm music wire. Then it will never break again. That's what I did, works great.

J
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by Vario3
There's a "mod" thread that will help you in things like this. I use 1mm wire.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:21 PM
frt
Find More Posts by frt
frt
thanks, I am thinking of trying the wire.