Mar 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Holy Toledo, Bet we see that one in the booth. Better have extra, extra security there.
That bad boy will go fast. Going to take a big, really big coat to hide it under.

Gosh, if it isn't one plane, it is another. I guess it is only Money, lots of it!!

John Redman did it again.

Oh my,
My trailer is getting small, not enough room.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
i have the Eflite taylorcraft on order. but this looks very nice. E-flite have done it again. but i will try and hold onto my cash. just to see if they do a Platinum Series corsair
Mar 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
Corsair would be pretty darn cool. I would have to buy even though I already have another corsair.

I will cast my lonely vote once more for a P-47 though.
Mar 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
i have a alfa P-47 . but as for a corsair i wanted a bigger ep version. but in the uk i can only find a GWS or alfa version. both to small
Mar 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socomon
Corsair would be pretty darn cool. I would have to buy even though I already have another corsair.

I will cast my lonely vote once more for a P-47 though.
Socomon, you any good at building? Keith Sparks is kitting a P-47 and has the build thread going right now. Nothing against E-flite, but Keith's will be/is better by far! It will have retracts!

Cheers,
Steve
Mar 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Not really, looks like a Pica Duelist, now in ARF buy Cox...
It's $100 bucks more and it's for glow power, not electric! Electric is the only way to go!
Mar 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814
Socomon, you any good at building? Keith Sparks is kitting a P-47 and has the build thread going right now. Nothing against E-flite, but Keith's will be/is better by far! It will have retracts!

Cheers,
Steve
What is this "building" you speak of?

I'm an ARF kind of guy.
Mar 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socomon
What is this "building" you speak of?

I'm an ARF kind of guy.
Have you ever tried? The new Laser kits are very well done.

I figure E-flite will be doing their Platinums like this:

1. Military - Trojan
2. Civilian - Beaver
3. Sport - Deuce

(hmm... the names - is there some type of sexual undercurrent here?)

So, if they keep it up, then there is either a sailplane next or we start back at #1 which will be the OV-10 or a Military Jet. The heck with your peashooters!!! (the winks mean that I am just kidding folks....)
Mar 20, 2008, 02:22 PM
We wanted to do a Platinum model for the sport guy. I believe all scael buffs will approve of the next one. Really wish I could say more on that.

I will say it is far from a duelist. Canopy lines are very different, nacelle outlines are different, wing planform is different, and the tail ain't even close. I saw a few Duelist tails fly off in the early kit days, didn't want that to happen here.

Stevie, I love your picture!!!!!!!!

It will be on a pedastal at Toledo, right next to the T-34 ePTS. Look forward to seeing some of you guys. By the way, who is going to Toledo?

John
Retracts are from Robart (they are air up/spring down). The main gear strut covers actually inset into the sheeting to be flush when retracted. You could easily doa nose gear door if you wanted to. The pilot in the cockpit I am still working on.
Mar 20, 2008, 02:37 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
The pilot in the cockpit I am still working on.
Yes, PLEASE. How about a woman for a change, maybe one that is well 'equipped' to fly this "twin". It definitely would aDD to the overall effect

Cheers,
Mar 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
Is that one 3S 3300 mah battery or two on board? My Eflite cub uses 3S 4200 with one Power 25E motor. I guess a 60" span would be too heavy with two batteries.
Mar 20, 2008, 04:32 PM
Wandering IT geek
John,

Want to send a beta unit down to St. Louis? I'll drive it back up to Toledo, I swear
Mar 20, 2008, 05:03 PM
WOW!
This is hot looking.
Honey, I have a birthday coming up in July!
Mar 20, 2008, 06:40 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Order one now from Horizon , you might get it in december
Mar 20, 2008, 07:02 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Quote:
Order one now from Horizon , you might get it in december
I am betting late April early May. Find a LHS that "fast tracks" and get it sooner.
Gary

Quick Reply