Feb 12, 2013, 11:36 AM
Lets break some props :D
this is the video of it in flight, cool and simple, could be done on the JetBall too, kind of..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 11:53 AM
jose .....that model of yours looks great.....good lines and colors
Feb 12, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
jose .....that model of yours looks great.....good lines and colors
well, thank you Dave!
Feb 12, 2013, 12:51 PM
black sharpie was used to draw the panels, rivets etc, it runs well when IPA alcohol is sprayed over, the result is a (dramatic?) weathering effect. I kind of like it, seems to give it that little more "used"Jet like look, wot you think?

a tad messy but over all kind of cool I think
Feb 12, 2013, 01:44 PM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
Mmmm IPA...

Last edited by Phil_G; Dec 29, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
Feb 12, 2013, 01:47 PM
not quite that sort...
Feb 12, 2013, 03:19 PM

Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
an alternative choice would have been the 1300kv blue wonder with an 8x4 prop on 3 cells this gives 13-14oz thrust..
your higher kv will need a smaller prop ...
Yeah I know blue wonder (I have a few of them) will work just I really like the motor I bought and the trick I set up with it to set the thrust angles is great with this mini might motor. Reason I am having problems getting the CG right is it a short motor I should of seen that and extended the motor mount about .5 inch to compensate with the shorter motor! at myself for not noticing blue wonder was bit longer 42mm vs 34mm and the motor weight right at the firewall not extended like the blue wonder. But that all said if I can get the prop right the CG is now is perfect!

John
Feb 12, 2013, 03:59 PM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
The Blue Wonders are great motors, so versatile with different cell counts and prop sizes. I just wish they weren't so noisy!
Feb 12, 2013, 08:26 PM

yeah got it set

I ordered some 7x3.5 props but was hoping for good weather before they come in, so I cut down a 8x43 to 6.5" balanced it. Put it on that motor max AMP was right at 10 even 72 Watts and thrust just over 12 oz Thrust WOT I think I got least one prop for maiden. Yeah I find the Mini Mite motor lot quieter then the blue wonders for sure but lowest KV is like 1560.
Feb 12, 2013, 10:52 PM

Hey Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90
black sharpie was used to draw the panels, rivets etc, it runs well when IPA alcohol is sprayed over, the result is a (dramatic?) weathering effect. I kind of like it, seems to give it that little more "used"Jet like look, wot you think?

I do not see anything messy you took an Item that was very visible into clever piece of art. Looks great!!!
Feb 13, 2013, 04:07 AM
I agree looks great !!!
Feb 13, 2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90

Looks great a real work of art

Terry
Feb 13, 2013, 04:33 AM
still looking good, jose... awkward old B that I am , I think I liked the simplest version best...
Feb 13, 2013, 05:27 AM
wow, what a response!

erm..yeah I like it, I guess when one is doing the job and close to it, gets to see some of the imperfections. But yes, overall I agree, when I look at it now I go..wow! that looks really awesome, can't believe I've done that myself!

OK, now for the bottom of the airframe..

Dave, IMHO it look much better now

Gosh, well, I'll definitely use this technique now for other future models.

You guys fancy a short video - demo on how to do this?
Last edited by joseico90; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Feb 13, 2013, 06:11 AM

Well !!!

It was IPA alcohol and like you said it was very humorous!!! I see no reason to remove it.
And we are Nutballs here!
Last edited by Ghiapet; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:14 AM. Reason: added the last line

Quick Reply