Dec 28, 2018, 12:08 AM
flyin' fool
Thread OP
I'm glad to see the end of it all. We had a huge storm that knocked out the power 'last' Thursday to hundreds of thousands, lots of damage and many are still without power. No stores, gas stations, traffic light, coffee shops, etc., etc. locally for a few days. The hydro sez all will be back in service by Jan.1st.

Jan. 1st will be our 44th annual new years day 'Grub n' Grog fly in' and the weather is looking favorable. Although, we do attend rain, sleet, snow or shine. Something to look forwards to. Last year about 80 guys showed from this and surrounding islands. Although, the ferry docks were taken out on a few. No hydro tucks on, no modelers off.
Last edited by goldguy; Dec 28, 2018 at 12:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2018, 06:19 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Gold , I think everybody got some of that Storm … It was a WET Christmas here … Glad you’re OK !!! 
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 AM
flyin' fool
Thread OP
The news this AM sez some still in the dark.

Oh well, at least float flying is still on today.
Dec 31, 2018, 05:01 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Happy new year to all the Nutters out there.

Greetings from down under

Pat
Jan 01, 2019, 05:59 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Pat , same to Youlla' !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
May 07, 2019, 03:26 AM
Ron_RC
Several years ago, I built a Stop Sign that was flat with elevons. Later, I eliminated the elevons and added dihedral so I could turn it with only the rudder. I changed the rudder to be controlled by the aileron channel on my TX and essentially had a nut ball (ish) configuration that flew MUCH better than the original design.
RC Flying Stop Sign my Newest with Lights (3 min 20 sec)
May 07, 2019, 08:56 AM
flyin' fool
Thread OP
Interesting.

I think you need some downthrust on the motor.
May 10, 2019, 03:17 PM

Pizza foam plate Nutball

Right, so my girlfriend wanted to make her own “cauliflower dough” pizzas. You know, pre-made, just add your toppings. Wasn’t too excited until I found that they came on 3mm Depron-like foam plates, 250mm diameter.

In two evenings I slapped a Nutball together and flew it today, I love it!

-5 gram brushless rewound to approx 4000kv
-3A ESC,power to RX through servo lead
-150mA 1S
-UMX brick from e-flite P40
-programming aileron port as AUX1 mixed to follow THR input
-programming channel assign to make rudder servo move by aileron input. Then, I swapped elevator with rudder - this allows for the brick to lie down, instead of the original vertical positioning
-26 grams AUW
-LOADS OF FUN!!! the vertical is amazing, motor and batt stay cool

Not surprised this thread is so huge and yes this could be a good beginner plane if set up properly and lots of expo
Last edited by RNAF; May 10, 2019 at 03:38 PM.
May 10, 2019, 03:45 PM
flyin' fool
Thread OP
Glad to see you've joined the nutter club and having nutty fun with something soooo simple.

How about a picture or two.
May 10, 2019, 06:26 PM
2 metre rule applies!
Maybe the best tasting Nutball yet?
May 11, 2019, 05:37 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
Right, so my girlfriend wanted to make her own “cauliflower dough” pizzas. You know, pre-made, just add your toppings. Wasn’t too excited until I found that they came on 3mm Depron-like foam plates, 250mm diameter.

In two evenings I slapped a Nutball together and flew it today, I love it!

-5 gram brushless rewound to approx 4000kv
-3A ESC,power to RX through servo lead
-150mA 1S
-UMX brick from e-flite P40
-programming aileron port as AUX1 mixed to follow THR input
-programming channel assign to make rudder servo move by aileron input. Then, I swapped elevator with rudder - this allows for the brick to lie down, instead of the original vertical positioning
-26 grams AUW
-LOADS OF FUN!!! the vertical is amazing, motor and batt stay cool

Not surprised this thread is so huge and yes this could be a good beginner plane if set up properly and lots of expo
Sweet! Let's see some pictures!
And how is your girlfriend's pizza?
May 12, 2019, 05:16 PM
Mark Harrison
A Powerup Nutball!

POWERUP a Nutball (12 min 46 sec)

Check out his other planes, the craftsmanship is very nice.
May 18, 2019, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
Sweet! Let's see some pictures!
And how is your girlfriend's pizza?
Pizza is worth a repeat!
I figured there were so many around here that mine would be one in a dozen but here are some pictures! I just flew it in a clear space in the forest here, perfect! Sorry, no videos of that..

I fly about 7 minutes on 150mA and everything is dead cool. It accelerates vertical effortlessly. This thing is a LOT of fun.

Maybe I'll cut some foam out of the winglets and elevator and cover with light film. Not sure on the savings to be had.
Last edited by RNAF; May 18, 2019 at 01:34 PM.
May 19, 2019, 12:16 PM
flyin' fool
Thread OP
Nut-ritious!!
May 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
Haha cheers

Quick Reply