Mar 17, 2008, 10:15 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Thread OP
Discussion

For What It's Worth... Watch YouTube High Quality Videos by Default

I know most everyone is switching over to Vimeo. However, I found this and thought I'd share. http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/12/w...os-by-default/

-Tim
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2008, 10:35 AM
SuperCub Crash Test Pilot
What benefit do you really get from this? I've been seeing that link at the bottom of YouTube videos lately, and when I click on it, it just seems to be a less compressed version of the standard video. However, it did not increase the resolution at all (or at least it didn't appear to).

What YouTube really needs to do is increase the resolution of their videos to 640x480. That's what most digital cameras shoot in these days. It may not be HD, but it's 4 times the resolution that YouTube displays by default (320x240).

- Matt
Mar 17, 2008, 11:07 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Thread OP
Not really sure what the immediate benefit is because most videos have been uploaded around YouTube's old standards which is low quality. I just found it interesting that they are playing catch up to sites like Vimeo that offer better video quality.

Competition is a good thing!

BTW Matt, You've got some great videos on YouTube!

-Tim
Last edited by troynh; Mar 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM.
Mar 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
SuperCub Crash Test Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
Not really sure what the immediate benefit is because most videos have been uploaded around YouTube's old standards which is low quality. I just found it interesting that they are playing catch up to sites like Vimeo that offer better video quality.

Competition is a good thing!

BTW Matt, You've got some great videos on YouTube!

-Tim
Thanks! If you like those, check out the ones I have on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/clipper453/videos/

Quick Reply