Jan 06, 2003, 10:58 PM
Thread OP

Newbie needs help...

i always see pics of planes in the forum very well constructed...i have a question ...

How did u guys manage to cover the space between the controlling surface to the plane?.... eg. join the alierons to the wings....the last plane i built(crashed) was a P51...my plane was ugly as i used hinges for joining the alierons ,rudder and elavator....

can someone teach me how to fill up the gap in between the parts when using hinges??..

or is there a better way to join the parts without hinges??

thanx in advance
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2003, 01:48 AM
Dax
Dax
There is no spoon
tape
Jan 07, 2003, 04:14 AM
Will work for planes
.... or covering matirial on both sides so that they meet together inside the gap.
Jan 07, 2003, 05:33 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
Diamond tape
Jan 07, 2003, 06:51 AM

Re: Newbie needs help...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinner
i always see pics of planes in the forum very well constructed...i have a question ...

How did u guys manage to cover the space between the controlling surface to the plane?.... eg. join the alierons to the wings....the last plane i built(crashed) was a P51...my plane was ugly as i used hinges for joining the alierons ,rudder and elavator....

can someone teach me how to fill up the gap in between the parts when using hinges??..

or is there a better way to join the parts without hinges??

thanx in advance
How long have you been flying? I just started but I found building planes with balsa ,to me, is a better way to go. For this type of plane Sig makes a hing that is made out of material which is glued with ca. A grove is cut in each of the edges and the hinge is inserted into them. After the hinge is inserted in both parts, ca is applied. I hope this will help.
Ben
Jan 07, 2003, 07:42 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Multiplex hinge tape
It was hard to find on the web site, so I just called 818/771-1003. Service was pretty fast. They sell it by the foot.

http://www.multiplexrc.com/home.html

Quick Reply