Discussion

2008 F3J World Championship

This is going to be a good one.

F3J Video Build up (Turkey)

F3J World Championship Website

The countdown starts here...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
If watching that video dont get you pumped up about soaring and the up coming World Champs than you dont have a heart beat.

This will be my first time representing the USA in a World Championship. I must say Im darn excited! We have a seasoned team of flyers. We have great team managers and support team. Lets go already!!!!!!!!!!

Your support is very welcomed and needed!
Richard Burnoski Bolingbrook , Illinios

For shirts and raffle tickets to support the Teams trip.

www.usf3jteam.com

We are having a major team practice in Denver May 25-26. Be there to fly F3J in the Rockies .
Mar 15, 2008, 05:06 PM
Fly R/C writer
You're so right, Rich! This is going to be awesome! And for you guys who are in need of high-tech materials, don't forget that March 19 is Team Support Day by CST, the Composite Store. CST pledges to donate up to 20% of the sales placed by YOU to the United States F3J Team. Check out the best in carbon fiber, Kevlar, fiberglass, weaves, pre-preg, tow, epoxy of all types, builders materials and more. Help support your U.S. F3J Team by making a purchase of materials from CST, the Composite Store.
Mar 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
Having been over to Turkey on 4 different occasions I can guarantee this will be an event like no other you have ever attended. The preparation and organization will be first class. Several of us got to see a preview of this when we attended the Soarist Open last October. Instant electronic scoring transmitted right from the timers to the scorekeepers as well as large electronic timing devices at each end of the flight line. The amenities at the field will surprise you.

The field is a near perfect sod farm located in the middle of a large tree farm or nursery. Large tents to accommodate your models and equipment means you don't have to tear down and transport at night.

There is no doubt you are attending the best WC ever.

Jim McCarthy
Mar 17, 2008, 11:06 AM
I have to agree with Jim. Turkish hospitality is legendary and the Saorist group know how to put on a contest.For those of you luck enough to be competing I wish you the very best, and have a suggestion. Take the time to get on the interneet and learn about the history of Turkey. It is a magical place with so much mixing of cultures. What a great time it will be. Larry
Mar 26, 2008, 10:29 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
I have to admit I am really excited and just a little dissapointed to see more snow flying outside my window in BC Canada

Question to those who competed in October at the sod farm. What is the ground like? I know this is somewhat futile because enough rain can turn the sod farms into soft sponges but I also know that some sod farms are hard as rock.
May 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
Chuck it and see!
Will a Perfect rise to the top or will a Supra, Shadow or Xplorer prevail?

Which airframe do you think will be piloted to the top spot?
May 17, 2008, 07:34 AM
I do this for fun!
Based on past performance,

whichever one David Hobby is flying!

Go Big Fella!!
May 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboyken
Based on past performance,

whichever one David Hobby is flying!

Go Big Fella!!

Soeaking of world championships.. question to you team members on this thread....

How many of you are renting vehicles and how many are going to use the supplied transport... just curious...
May 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-span
Will a Perfect rise to the top or will a Supra, Shadow or Xplorer prevail?

Which airframe do you think will be piloted to the top spot?

My moneys on Cody with an Espada
Last edited by Bobalew; May 17, 2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
May 18, 2008, 03:45 AM
The NZ team is using the buses. Rentals were going to cost over EURO$1000 ea and we would have needed 3. The bus is much cheaper, we figure if we need to run an errand or pick up supplies using a taxi will still be good value.
May 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
Chuck it and see!
Cody could well do it with an Espada. He is a great pilot. Didn't Cody score more points than the seniors at the last F3J worlds?
May 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
Wow,
I am surprised that you guys are willing to go out on a limb and predict the F3J World Champion this early. I would find it much easier to predict who will be in the fly off. I am thinking that unless luck plays them a bad hand, I would be surprised if the following were not in the fly off. In No order I predict Hobby, Kohout, Kolb, Koc, Esibatir,Goodrum, Grini,Rizner,Feigl, Lammlein, Perkins, Remmington, and Clerx. I have had a chance to see all of these pilots fly and think all of them will have an excellent chance. I predict that this will be one of the closest WC's at the end with the winner less than a second in front.What do you think Sidney??? LJ
May 18, 2008, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterpk
The NZ team is using the buses. Rentals were going to cost over EURO$1000 ea and we would have needed 3. The bus is much cheaper, we figure if we need to run an errand or pick up supplies using a taxi will still be good value.

Now I am torn. I think it would be cool to buss around with everyone else from the other countries but then again a 1.5 - 2 hour bus ride just would not be right without a lot of cold beer! Can you imagine getting 6-10 Kiwis and Canucks on the same bus without beer? Scary....
May 18, 2008, 08:21 PM

Winning pilot/model combination

I fly with Cody most weekends. It will take a 2 sec launch and leaving not more than 0.5 sec. on the table to beat Cody and his Espada RL in Turkey.

I believe that Cody will be on the podium.

Tom Gressman/RMSA/Colorado

Quick Reply