This thread is privately moderated by dz1sfb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2008, 06:07 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Yippee!

My Favorite Plane of 2007

I really have enjoyed Tony65x55's Blue Baby. I have built 4 of the 33" versions in 2007 and it generated another 4 builds by my coworkers. Theirs are not complete yet, but they are getting there. I maybe building 2 more this spring. I just wanted to put up the pictures of the 3 I finished. I sold the 4th one prior to finishing it.

Here is the link to Tony65x55's Blue Baby thread if you are not already familiar with it. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Sep 11, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added link to the Blu Baby thread
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
dz... A good plane built well....they look a treat.

Ever.....only built one of anything.Lol
Mar 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ken's CAD Models

Repeaters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
dz... A good plane built well....they look a treat.

Ever.....only built one of anything.Lol
Thanks Dekan,

I only do repeat builds of exceptional models. Others were either to intense to build again or did not fly worth a ... Well you get the picture.

Thanks again,
Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Mar 18, 2008, 10:24 PM
If it flies, its cool
what did you use to cover them? what is the auw?
how much did the covering add?
Mar 18, 2008, 10:25 PM
If it flies, its cool
o-yea, those bbs look great! you shoukd be proud!
Mar 18, 2008, 11:06 PM

Workmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
I really have enjoyed Tony65x55's Blue Baby. I have built 4 of the 33" versions in 2007 and it generated another 4 builds by my coworkers. Theirs are not complete yet, but they are getting there. I maybe building 2 more this spring. I just wanted to put up the pictures of the 3 I finished. I sold the 4th one prior to finishing it................Ken
Nice lookers.......... you've taken a lot of care in the deco dept. Making those "flares/rays" the way you did.... color stripes alongside all those diagonal lines [what DO we call those? it's one of my favorite patters; my J-3 Cub [unconventionsl] will have FOUR colored rays like that but wasn't going to put the stripes alongside]] ........ they just plain look GREAT........ and of course your photographic "composition" and imagination in noteworthy too; the way you arranged them.

Keep up the good work.

LarryR : )
Mar 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
Ken's CAD Models

Sunbursts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Nice lookers.......... you've taken a lot of care in the deco dept. Making those "flares/rays" the way you did.... color stripes alongside all those diagonal lines [what DO we call those? it's one of my favorite patters; my J-3 Cub [unconventionsl] will have FOUR colored rays like that but wasn't going to put the stripes alongside]] ........ they just plain look GREAT........ and of course your photographic "composition" and imagination in noteworthy too; the way you arranged them.

Keep up the good work.

LarryR : )
Larry,

The flare rays are usually referred to as a "sunburst". They are made from colored packiing tape, as are the pinstripes. For straight line graphics, I use a clean surface that I can cut on, and roll the tape down, trim to template, lift, and apply to model. The pinstripes are created teh same way. I use a 24" steel ruler and a sharp hobby knife.

Thanks for the comp on the comp,
Ken
Mar 20, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Ken, looking at the pics of your beautiful BBs makes me feel like a proud granddad ...of TRIPLETS! Nice job my friend, I wish I could build them so pretty.

Tony
Mar 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Tony,
I believe that you hit on just the right combination of simplicity, performance, and cost with this design. You are admired for your contribution to the modeling community, maybe even as much as Ken Willard. I really like his designs also.

Ken
Nov 17, 2008, 03:33 AM
Bill Dewey

Great BB collection

My orig. 33in. is still flying strong & I am building a 33in with clark w & ailerons and a 24in. to use up some of the IPS brushed motors I have.
I have a request to make. When you publish the parts plan for your
Sea BB would you alert me by msg. on my empty blog or by e-mail
at (b_dewey@comcast.net. For the effort here are 2 pict. for your collection.