Old Jan 06, 2003, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by rays89
Tree Trimmer

Doculam Painting question

Well I finally got myself motivated to do some building. Im in the process of constructing a Herr Airboss, With the Cutek lighting system, and onboard Blackwidow Video equipment (night video) Powered by an Astroflight 010 direct drive.
The Air Boss needs washout and I found out Solite tends to strech in time losing washout.
Ive decided to use Doculam for the wings. Im wondering what would be a good paint to use. and how do you paint it? From the inside I assume. I plan on using Doculam for more projects considering the amount I have. Ive read that the pactra paints used on lexan car bodies is a good paint to use but it is rather expensive, and comes in small cans. Is there a cheaper paint I can use that I can purchase in a hardware store in larger cans?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2003, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by CoClimber
Mountain Models Wannabe
I've used Krylon paint with fairly good results. I paint the outside of the Doculam. The Pactra is better though and I suspect it's a lot lighter but I haven't measured that.

Doug